Stripping attachments -Features/Enhancement request

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 phuocngo

phuocngo
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

Not sure whether this had been address or implement yet. If Cuda have the ability to strip the block attachment and forward the message to the users. This would save administrator a tons of time going through all the email and try to release the legitimate email.Thanks,

#2 Delta

Delta
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

I would also like this feature, altho actually, I'd like an option to enable/disable it for specific attachment types.IE: Enable attachment stripping for all email that came in with unzipped .doc files but just block all other bad attachments.So there would be 3 categories:blocked attachments, quarantined attachments, and stripped attachments.

#3 Steve Holley

Steve Holley
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Has there been any movement on these request, I too would love this improvment

#4 Delta

Delta
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

Barring the ability to strip the attachment, I'd like the ability to selectively notify based on type. ie: notify sender of banned .ics, but not on any other type.

#5 Richard Blalock

Richard Blalock
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

I actually use another appliance in front of the Barracuda to strip attachments. Wish the Cuda did it too!

#6 DavidG

DavidG
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

This would be much better for us as well.... Removal and replacement with a text file stating what was removed would be similar to how our internal antivirus software handles infected files. We want to keep this at the barracuda level though since they reduce the load on the internal mail systems.. If the internal AV was doing this it would slow things down greatly.

#7 Moltran

Moltran
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

I was going to make this request also.  Seeing this, and noticing it was originally posted in 2007 doesn't give me much confidence that it'll EVER get implemented!  I wonder what Richard was using in front of his Cuda to strip attachments?  Wonder if he even has a barracuda anymore - I wouldn't like managing 2 SPAM devices.