www.Cudastats.com - Barracuda Spam Firewall Dashboard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rahul Narsimhan

Rahul Narsimhan
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

1. Combine stats from 2 Barracuda Spam Firewalls2. Health/Performance stats - icons change color depending on pre-set performance thresholdsmore details at www.cudastats.comSome Screenshots:[img]http://www.cudastats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/stats_combined_month-300x229.png[/img]c97a]http://www.cudastats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dashboard_units-300x229.png[/img]

#2 pejacoby

pejacoby
  • Members
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

rahuln, this looks great!I'm curious how you are pulling the stats information without having any credentials to login to the box? Is everything you need in stats.cgi output?Now to find a faster Mac ... AIR really doesn't like my old G4/700 ;-)

#3 pejacoby

pejacoby
  • Members
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

I loaded this up on my PC as well, it runs much happier on a 1.83GHz CoreDuo laptop.However, it occupies 55 to 65% of my CPU time while it's active! Can performance be optimized, or is this an issue with Adobe AIR?Maybe turning off the 'spin the graph' effects would help? The ability to zoom on a particular bar is nice, but I don't really need the animated graph.

#4 Rahul Narsimhan

Rahul Narsimhan
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Our test results were not bad on the Mac however it does consume more CPU time than on a comparable windows box. We are looking at ways of optimizing cudastats. Yes most of the info is available on stats.cgi but we have done some additional changes. We will have a comparison matrix on the website in the near future. Zoom in option is in the works and should available in the near future.Cudastats Widget for Mac and Windows is going thru internal beta and should be released soon. Widget screenshot: [img]http://cudastats.com/widget/widget_screenshot.png[/img]Your feedback is appreciated keep them coming so we can make it better.

#5 joel l huebner

joel l huebner
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • LocationIowa, USA

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

I've been running (v1.0) it for ~1.5 weeks. It is a nice "summary" of what is going on ... I had a little "navagation glitch" but that was resolved.Nice tool, keep me updated when the next version is available.TY JLH

#6 Darren Olson

Darren Olson
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Looks Cool! Can't wait for the Vista Widget

#7 vovko

vovko
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hi Everyone!CudaStats gadget/widget are available for http://www.cudastats.com/?page_id=3[img]http://www.cudastats.com/screenshots/CudaStats_WindowsGadget_tb.png[/img]Feedback is appreciated.

#8 pejacoby

pejacoby
  • Members
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

The widgets look nice, but they continue to consume way too much CPU.I tried the OS X Widget on my OS X 10.5.6 machine and it eats about 30% of CPU when it's not visible, and between 35% and 60% of CPU when the Dashboard is up.I can't afford to run something that takes so much active processor time. If the widget backed off when it wasn't busy, or could be 'reniced' down to a lower priority, it might be workable.

#9 vovko

vovko
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

The widgets look nice, but they continue to consume way too much CPU.I tried the OS X Widget on my OS X 10.5.6 machine and it eats about 30% of CPU when it's not visible, and between 35% and 60% of CPU when the Dashboard is up.I can't afford to run something that takes so much active processor time. If the widget backed off when it wasn't busy, or could be 'reniced' down to a lower priority, it might be workable.

Thank you for the feedback. We have several Mac's (iMac and Mac Mini) in our office and none with such high CPU utilization. We will be looking into this problem, if anyone else is having similar problem, please let us know, feel free to use Feedback form from www.cudastats.com

#10 Loren Strickler

Loren Strickler
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

same here. I like it a lot, but it consumes way to much CPU time. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate with a quad core processor and 4 gig of RAM.

#11 steve

steve
  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

Great idea, but... AIR? Epic fail.

#12 Ben Serebin

Ben Serebin
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

Hello rahuln,Great app, but like others have said, it uses way too much cpu horsepower. I'm running this on a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and it uses 50% cpu. Very easy to use and handy and a GREAT version 1.0. Nice job.-Ben

#13 Rahul Narsimhan

Rahul Narsimhan
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

We are working on a new version to address the CPU issues that have been brought up. Thank you for the feedback