Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 pejacoby

pejacoby
  • Members
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

I'm showing 3.4.01.002 now available as the latest General Release on my IM320. The Release Notes have no information about release 002...any ideas what's new? I'm a bit leery of upgrading if I don't know what's in store. The only new verbage relates to product activation:

Barracuda IM Firewall Product ActivationStarting with version 2.0, you must activate your Energize Updates subscription prior to initial use. Your Energize Updates subscription includes both ongoing system updates and access to Technical Support. If your Energ ize Updates subscription is not activated, you will not be able to make any configuration changes.To activate your Barracuda IM Firewall subscription: 1. Using your Web browser, go to the Basic > Status page. 2. In the Subscription Status section, check the Energize Updates entry. If Energize Updates is Not Activated, click the activation link to be redirected to the Barracuda Networks Product Activation page. Complete activation of your subscription(s). If it is connected to the Internet, your Barracuda IM Firewall automatically updates its activation status after you reload the browser page when viewing the Basic > Status page. If your network firewall prevents your Barracuda IM Firewall from updating its activation status automatically, you can manually enter the activation code provided after completing the details on the Barracuda Networks Product Activation page.

#2 pejacoby

pejacoby
  • Members
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

The 3.4.01.002 release notes have now been updated.Regarding:

Enhancement: You may participate in a voluntary beta of the new transports by calling Barracuda Networks Technical Support and requesting it.

For anyone considering being part of the beta for the new transports, I would say WAIT. I tried it last week (apparently the first customer to do so) and had a full day of downtime due to problems, after which I had to revert to the regular transports. My Energize Updates page is showing a later transport version now (0.9.2.0), but I'm in no hurry to be the first tester again....