How to Keep Smarthosted mailserver out of 'Cuda blacklist

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 sagelike

sagelike
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

I just discovered that the IP for my secondary/Backup mailserver was on the Barracuda blacklist which I've had removed.I run a backup mailserver on this IP which is smarthosted to deliver everything to my Barracuda 300 or directly to the actual mail server if the Barracuda is unavailable. It is in fact my secondary MX for all my hosting clients since I do not point directly to the actual mail server. This seems to be an effective technique to keep spammers from sending directly to the actual mail server. I do some spam filtering on the backup/secondary mail server however because it's smarthosting and does minimal spam filtering it will by default send a lot of spam to the Barracuda which is what I want it to do. I want the Barracuda to filter for spam before forwarding to the actual mail server. I can whitelist my backup IP however this means no email from that IP will be tested for spam which is not good.My question is how can I keep my secondary IP out of the Barracuda blacklist without adding it to my whitelist? Will adding the IP to RBL Exemption IP/Range work?Thanks for your help.

#2 Nick Stanley

Nick Stanley
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

Add your secondary mail server as a trusted forwarder.

#3 sagelike

sagelike
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

That's what I was looking for.CheersG