Photo

RESTORE: Error 51: socket failure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 wioler

wioler
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:12 AM

Hallo,having Yosemite Backup 8.1 SP3a with several Novell Netware 6.5 SP7 and MS Windows Server 2000/2003. Database- and backupserver is one of the Netwareservers.Backup does fine. Even while restoring some files in existing directories, there is no problem. But if I try to restore a complete directorystructure on one of the Netwareservers (even the backupserver itself), the destinationserver will freeze completely and if destinationserver is not the backupserver, I'll have an "Error 51: socket failure" in the logs (otherwise log can't be written).Restoring the same directorystructure to a Windowsserver works fine, but I'm loosing trustees, restrictions, (extended) attributes, ownership of files ... :-(Had a look at google and there seemed to be a thread on the old yosemite support forum: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=yosemite+backup+%2B%22socket+failure%22&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&fp=UFas9-ESVoU, but can't get it any more.Any suggestions?Thanks in advance Olaf

#2 mirko

mirko
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

I have the same problems with 8.5 to 8.8Sometimes the server freezes, sometimes other servers not listet in NETWORK anymore.I think it's a kind of timeout(?), in my case it seems to be a timeout coming from DNS problems.mirko

#3 kdvz2009

kdvz2009
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:20 AM

The same problems here (NW 6.5 SP7) with 8.1SP3 and SP6. It seems that Nw 6.5 SP7 is not supported, with older NW versions it can do restores w/o any errors. I will install the 8.8 and test it/ this version supports NW6.5 sp6,7,8.RegChristian

#4 Ben Kloos

Ben Kloos
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

wiolier, in your case I'm surprised you got that far. Your version of the software was made around the time netware 6.0 came out. In order to use netware 6.5 sp6 7 or 8 you must be using YB 8.8If either of you are troubleshooting connectivity problems with Yosemite Backup one of the first places to check is how many ip addresses your server has bound. If it has more then one ips then you need to bind Yosemite Backup to one of them. To do this locate a file named ytconfig.ini in the install directory and under the [configuration] heading add a line that reads:bindto=xx.xx.xx.xx [local ip that you want the software to use]

#5 tuvia

tuvia
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

Where is that old thread? I have this error and have done everything suggested plus reinstalled all software. Win2003 server hosts the database. On same network is another Win2003 server and a Win2000 server and a Linus server. Linux server is fine. Anywhere from 5-20% thru backing up the other 2003 or the 2000 server, that server's backup stops with the Socket failure: error 51 error. The main server itself and the Linux server work fine.

#6 Ben Kloos

Ben Kloos
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

tuvia, did you verify that none of the affected machines have multiple network adapters?

#7 tuvia

tuvia
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

Yes.