Photo

Initialization of the database driver has failed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 alanrickman

alanrickman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

Hello,Has anybody seen this error before?"Initialization of the database driver has failed, and it could not be loaded. Please contact technical support."I removed 8.10 SP3 this morning and then installed 8.10 SP6. The installation was successful and the backup service starts without problems. However upon launching the Administration tool the error above is displayed.Any help greatly appreciated!Thanks,Alan

#2 Ben Kloos

Ben Kloos
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

Was the install of 8.1 SP6 a clean install or an upgrade? Thats not an error that I have a great solution for. Generally it comes from a corrupt install.

#3 alanrickman

alanrickman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:41 AM

I've been looking at this for several hours now and still can't figure it out. However what I have seen is that stopping the Yosemite Backup service will allow me to login successful to the Administration client.However once logged in with the Administration client the Yosemite Backup service will not start and reports exactly the same error (Error Code: 1619Message: Initialization of the database has failed.)I have tried removing the database folder and then starting the service and a new database is created successfully.It's almost as if the Service / Administration UI has an exclusive lock on the database files and won't allow the other to access the files.

#4 alanrickman

alanrickman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Was the install of 8.1 SP6 a clean install or an upgrade? Thats not an error that I have a great solution for. Generally it comes from a corrupt install.

This was a clean install, I was under the impression that you could not upgrade when moving to SP6 according to instructions in the download area.So I uninstalled SP3 and have installed SP6 to a completely different directory. (Note: I'm not using the database from the SP3 installation)I have tried uninstalling and installing but still no luck, I've also tried adding 'repairdatabase=yes' to the dlconfig.ini.

#5 Ben Kloos

Ben Kloos
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

The service is not necessary by the way, if you had a scheduled backup job and you had closed the program the service would run the job. If for some reason the program works correctly without the service running one option would just be to disable the service. What if you changed the credentials the service uses to login? By the way if you are using the service it must always be started before the application has been opened.

#6 azehnder

azehnder
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

I changed the credentials but the problem keeps the same.Any further ideas about it?