Photo

Any issues upgrading to v.4.0.1.009?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 roberto

roberto
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Does anyone know of any issues associated with v.4.0.1.009?We are hoping to upgrade to v. 4.0.1.009. Currently, we have three Barracuda 600 units in a cluster running v. 4.0.1.006. Thanks in advance-rv

#2 FSLSO-JDay

FSLSO-JDay
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

We upgraded our 400 yesterday and all looks well. Just read the release notes and the doc about the interface changes. Also note that the Bayesian analysis is turned off by default when you upgrade.--Jim

#3 cisi80

cisi80
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

Does anyone know of any issues associated with v.4.0.1.009?We are hoping to upgrade to v. 4.0.1.009. Currently, we have three Barracuda 600 units in a cluster running v. 4.0.1.006. Thanks in advance-rv

i upgraded from 3.X and what is missing is the bulk edit button in:BASIC -> IP configuration -> Domain Configurationthats quiet annoying as i cant add any domain lists any more.Now i have to first add the domain, and than modify it to change the mailserver....this takes a lot of time if you have to add 100 doms or so...Or did i miss sometihg?regards

#4 wgtech

wgtech
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

I too would be very interested in hearing other users experience with this upgrade. I am anxious to get this on 4 but would like to see some success stories beforehand. Thanks

#5 cisi80

cisi80
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

now it is working since 1 day and what i saw until now is:BAD:- no bulk edit for the domain list (VERY BAD, i cant insert lists of doms any more. Lots of manual work now).- the log viewer is really unreadable- no copy paste directly in the messago log, so you have to open the mail from the message log and copy it from there.- my old api skripts dont work any more, some auth issues. I still have to check why.- the reverse block list has been postponed to the barracuda rbl check:i keep a dynamic ip reverse-zone-list which normally filters about 30% of the spam mails. Now a lot of rbl-dns queries are done for something that would be already blocke by the local list. I think that probably the local list woud be faster. - In fact the load ist higher (about double to triple system load compared to before. it was 1 or 2 %, it is now on 6-7 %) but that could also have other reasons.- my subject filters list has gone lost during the upgrade ... (so save it before :-) )- no GREAT feature improvements for what i saw... but some has goneGOOD:- Averarge mail delivery latency has gone down a bit. Is was about 6 sec before, now it is 3-4 sec.- the interface is generally more beautiful- graphical statistics per mail address- the regrouping of the features is a good thing. You find the features in the tab where you expect them to be.finally i dont reccomand the upgrade at this moment.I hope it will get better in the next releases. No GREAT news (Apart of having a beautiful design and haven some optical features for the user).Especially the bulk edit problem and the bad message log are really bad.The other problems can be fixed and for the rbl in front of reverse check i don't know. Maybe the rbl check is faster and thats why they did the change, but i dont think so. Or lets say that it depends on how fast the nameservers respond. While the lokal list wolud just be fast in every situation.(and less load on the dns for sure).

#6 Eric Knight

Eric Knight
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:15 AM

We update 3 model 600's Monday and all seems to be working well, the one issue we had is that our ldap configuration defaulted to Novel edirectory...

#7 giangdc

giangdc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:14 AM

Dear all, I'm looking for this feature, does any one know that firmware 4.0.1.009 has it?+ I want to export the message log in a period of time (for example; from Jan 2009 to May 2009) + And then I want to delete them (cause my Mail/Log storage nearly full at 75%)Or just simply what I want is delete log in a period time (old log ) so that the Mail/Log can have bigger capacity. If any one know, pls commend me !Thanks u very much !

#8 MWO

MWO
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:30 AM

We update 3 model 600's Monday and all seems to be working well, the one issue we had is that our ldap configuration defaulted to Novel edirectory...

I personally dont see that as a problem 8), since we only use Novell eDirectoryOn topic: I had only one unit "upgraded" to v4, today I planned to upgrade another one to test the "clustering" mode and now the v4 firmware is gone...

#9 cisi80

cisi80
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

+ I want to export the message log in a period of time (for example; from Jan 2009 to May 2009) + And then I want to delete them (cause my Mail/Log storage nearly full at 75%)

maillog storage is always at 75%. (just at the beginning it is not like that).The log seems to keep so many day of logs, that fits in 75% of the storage.my message log f.e. is only of 1-2 weeks.yours probably is of several months because you have way less mail traffic on your barracuda.So there is no need (and no feature as i know) to delete partially the log as its gets dynamically fitted to the free space(but max 75% of storage) of your barracuda.To export the log of a certain period of time, use the "time range" option in the message log and than export it.That should do it.

#10 jmiller123

jmiller123
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

I have a model 300. A day or so after I upgraded I whitelisted a domain. An hour later I noticed that all incoming emails had stopped. I removed the domain but that didn't fix it. I restarted but that didn't fix it. I powered it down and that didn't fix it. I finally called support and they checked and a service had been stopped. They said it was caused by the external RBL's I was using. I added another whitelist entry with them on the phone and that stopped the service again. The solution was to keep the RBL's out so now I am relying solely on Barracuda's reputation which I guess is ok?One other minor annoyance...when you add a whitelist entry they stay at the bottom of the list and don't automatically sort; you have to go into bulk edit and arrange them.

#11 Nick Stanley

Nick Stanley
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

One other minor annoyance...when you add a whitelist entry they stay at the bottom of the list and don't automatically sort; you have to go into bulk edit and arrange them.

This was a problem in the Beta versions of v4, they had fixed it, but now it appears to be back in .009

#12 wgtech

wgtech
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

Just thought I would let you all know that I just upgraded our 300 yesterday and man I am loving the new 4.X firmware. The upgrade went very smooth and fast and the new interface is soooo much quicker for us. Nice job Barracuda! 1 down... I have about 20 more to upgrade..

#13 giangdc

giangdc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

+ I want to export the message log in a period of time (for example; from Jan 2009 to May 2009) + And then I want to delete them (cause my Mail/Log storage nearly full at 75%)

maillog storage is always at 75%. (just at the beginning it is not like that).The log seems to keep so many day of logs, that fits in 75% of the storage.my message log f.e. is only of 1-2 weeks.yours probably is of several months because you have way less mail traffic on your barracuda.So there is no need (and no feature as i know) to delete partially the log as its gets dynamically fitted to the free space(but max 75% of storage) of your barracuda.To export the log of a certain period of time, use the "time range" option in the message log and than export it.That should do it.

Thank u Cisi80, I don't know that 75% full is normally :).I'll try your way. Best rgds

#14 packetheavy

packetheavy
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

Any update on the missing Bulk Edit function for domains.Thanks