Warned Activity Timeout question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 larrywl

larrywl
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

Brand new Barracuda user and first time posting here...Does the "Warned Activity Timeout" reset itself after some period of time? I'd like to have some way to give users a limited amount of time per day to access certain web pages - ideally, I would set these sites to "Warned" and the user would not be able to access the site(s) until the next day (or 24-hour period) once their time has been exceeded.Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#2 Charlotte

Charlotte
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

With the warned activity, you can limit the amount of time a user is allowed to browse the warned site by setting the "Warned Activity Timeout." This setting is found under the Block/Accept > Configuration page and can be set by minutes or hours.Thanks!CCD

#3 larrywl

larrywl
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

Does that timeout ever expire? For instance, if I set it to 30 minutes for a site, is the user ever able to visit that site again after the 30 minutes are up? I'm hoping that the timeout eventually DOES expire (ideally daily) so that I can limit access to these sites for a short period each day.If the timeout setting means that the user can never connect to that site again after the limit has been reached, is there another means within the Barracuda that would allow me to configure a daily time limit to sites by user?Thanks!

#4 Charlotte

Charlotte
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

The warned time out is on a per instance basis. If a user logs in and proceeds through the warned option, they will be allowed 30 minutes of time to browse that site. After 30 minutes they will be required to pass through the warned page again, which will allow them an additional 30 minutes, etc..Currently we do not have a mechanism for limiting access by time to specific web sites. We do have the ability to allow sites for specific time periods (say 12:00 to 1:00 for lunch) on our exceptions page, under the Block/Accept tab.Thanks,CCD