Photo

import virtual library

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 ceciljk

ceciljk
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

I have a virtual library configured on an external USB harddrive. I had to reinstall yosemite backup software. Now I can't access the virtual library any longer? Is ther any way I can import the data from my old virtual library?

#2 Ben Kloos

Ben Kloos
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Certainly, it is a two step process. First you have to configure another virtual library, delete the default storage location and add a new location pointed to wherever your data is on the USB drive. Now on the VLD configuration page click the import button and import whichever virtual medias you want to restore from. Once the virtual medias are listed in the virtual media status screen as valid/healthy click ok and run an actual import job on the VLD so that your restore job(s) recognize your imported media. Hope this helps.

#3 ceciljk

ceciljk
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for your response. I was trying that same process but could not get it to work. i.e.) Created a virtual tape library at the location of my old VLT on the external USB drive, but it always said the media was blank or invalid. There was never any media that I could select to import.I finally got it to work by copying my backupset of files (files with the same base-name with numerical sequence 000 thru xxx) to a new folder on my harddrive and then creating a new VTL there. Then the media was recognized under Library Configuration dialog, I selected import. Media reported as healthy. Then via the wizard I created an Import job to import the media into the new Yosemite Backup catalog.

#4 RichW

RichW
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

I had a similar problem you may have run into if you have been using Yosemite for a while. Your original install was in a Yosemite folder. If you uninstall (even saving D2D info) and then reinstall the installation will now be in a Barracuda folder without the D2D info!! Yes the VTL will be empty and the Yosemite installation has been moved... After pulling out some hair I simply copied over the D2D info from the old Yosemite folder to the newly created Barracuda one. Wow, 1TB of data was restored. :D I have reported this to Yosemite but not really sure it was understood.Reinstalling can have some major issues. :(