Error 5092: Maximum snapshots allowed reached

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 cbearden

cbearden
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

has anyone dealt with this error message before? This only happens to my client backups that are running Windows XP. I called and talked to support about this, and they thought it was a problem with a limitation in XP with the maximum snapshots reached. But with all of my xp machines, they have less than 5 snapshots created from the vss.any help/info on this would be much appreciated.Chris

#2 saitcho

saitcho
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

I am getting the same error with an XP client. I still have not found a solution.

#3 Ben Kloos

Ben Kloos
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

There was a bug that was causing XP machines to not release their snapshot once the job was done. This has been resolved and will be released shortly. If you go to a command prompt and type 'vssadmin list shadows' no snapshots should be listed so long as a job is not running. Until the update is released you would have to reboot the particular machine for the snapshot to be released.

#4 cbearden

cbearden
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

thanks for fixing this! Yes, I noticed the same thing over here as well.When I rebooted my xp machines, the problem would clear up for the next backup schedule. But I noticed some days later that the problem would return again.