Webfilter loses connection to Domain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 VisiTechSupport

VisiTechSupport
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

I have a 310 web filter that is setup using NTLM authentication. Our domain controller is running Windows 2003. It is the only domain conroller in our network. Every few weeks or so, people are unable to browse the internet. They are presented with a message saying: ERROR: Cache Access DeniedERROR Cache Access Denied While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com The following error was encountered: Cache Access Denied. Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request: http://www.google.com from this cache until you have authenticated yourself. If I look in the Event Log on the server, I have the following message: Event ID 5723: The session setup from computer 'CUDA310' failed because the security database does not contain a trust account 'CUDA310$' referenced by the specified computer.The only way to fix this is to delete the computer account in active directory and rejoin the webfilter to the domain.Has anyone else come across this issue? It always seems to be the webfilter's account.Thanks.

#2 stevenvos

stevenvos
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:54 AM

We got the same issue but i cannot find any eventlogs....We also have the denied cache error and the authentication pop-up in the browser and are unable to authenticate

#3 larrywl

larrywl
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

We also occasionally get this. We have 3 domain controllers, and I have to enter a different domain controller and click "Join Domain" under the NTLM Authentication Service tab to get authentication to start working again. No pattern, rhyme, or reason as to why we get this.

#4 larrywl

larrywl
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:59 AM

We have to click "Join Domain" 2-4 times per week to fix authentication issues.

#5 garoo1980

garoo1980
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Did anyone try firmware 4.3 to see if resolves this issue? We're experiencing it too

#6 stevenvos

stevenvos
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

Installed 4.3 today, will post the results.

#7 stevenvos

stevenvos
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:26 AM

Looks like the problem is solved.

#8 Simone Ferro

Simone Ferro
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

I have the same issue with a BYF310 firmware versione 6.0.0.013. I've just updated the appliance but the problem stan still. Could anyone help me?