Photo

Virtual Device Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 ssoman@nwcsd.org

ssoman@nwcsd.org
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

I am trying to backup our servers to a buffalo storage device (terastation NAS) located offsite. I have admin access to this box. I have tried to create a virtual device using the IP address of 192.168.60.7backup This is the shared folder where I have designated my files to go. It is a shared folder. However, the Yosemite backup program tells me I don't have write access to this device. There is no option to enter a user name or password. I could map a drive letter from the backup server to this device. However, using that drive letter (X: for example) does not work either. How should I be setting this device up?

#2 Ian Linwood

Ian Linwood
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

I have this setup too (yosemite & terrastations).The backup service runs in the context of the user running the yosemite service. It used these credentials to connect to the NAS box. Either;Run the Yosemite service as a user that has rights to access the data AND the NAS share....ormake sure the NAS share has no write restrictions.Also, make sure that the Virtual device uses the correct path to the NAS boxes. I use full UNC paths ( eg. NASnamesharename ).Also make sure you initialise the Virtual device

#3 Ben Kloos

Ben Kloos
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

It could be that the service does not have rights. By default it uses local system, change the login to something else like administrator and try again.