Windows Restore Tool

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bryan Alston

Bryan Alston
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hello,I am very new with Barracuda and thought I would start here before calling support.I am testing file restoration using the Windows Restore Tool. I have followed all instructions to the letter. I have tried the default preferences for where to restore the file and I have also tried setting up my own location. I am pulling from the BBS box, not offsite. The problem is that when I tell it to restore, I get the progression box and the message that the restore has been done successfully.However, the only thing I get in whatever location I try is the Restore Log files. I don't get the actual files.I am using Windows 7 and the path that I currently have setup is:C:UsersusernamedesktoprestoresCan anyone tell my why the files are not showing up? Thank you in advance.Bryan

#2 Bruno

Bruno
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

I'm having the same problem here, when i renamed the file i wanted to restore on the original location, run the restore procedure telling the tool to use a different location nl c:usersuserdesktop, it was still restored to the original location. So, this is very dangerous !!!! the files are not restored to the place you want but at the original location.