Photo

Error Number 417 in yosemite bakcup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 gal

gal
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

I have Yosemite BakUp 8.10 SP4 an it was correctly until yesterday, but today the next error appear and didn't backup: "Media in the device has a format not recognized by any of the logical format drivers currently loaded. If you know the format of the media and there is a Yosemite Backup format driver for that format, then you will need to load that format driver before Yosemite Backup will recognize it. If you know there is no useful information on the media, simply format and use with Yosemite Backup"Can someone tell me how to solve that problem?Thanks a lot

#2 terrytimberlake

terrytimberlake
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

"Media in the device has a format not recognized by any of the logical format drivers currently loaded. If you know the format of the media and there is a Yosemite Backup format driver for that format, then you will need to load that format driver before Yosemite Backup will recognize it. If you know there is no useful information on the media, simply format and use with Yosemite Backup"

This message makes it sound as though there is an error regarding the media format. Are you getting this error with the same media that was previously used in successful jobs? Did you change the media between the successful job and the failed job? If the media is new, different between successful and failed jobs, then you may want to format it by selecting it through the Devices menu and formatting it through there; alternatively you might confirm your format settings in the job itself, as there are options to allow the job to 'Format all media' or to only format new media.If there has been no change in the media then I would check the drivers. If a new driver has been installed between the successful and failed jobs then you might consider a 'roll back' to the old driver that you had no issues with.These are just the things I would try here in my own shop. Best of luck with it, gal.