BSF 5.x using API 4.x >425 Config Error: Invalid object t

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alan-smith

alan-smith
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hello,I'm using BSF API doc from (http://www.barracuda...PI_Guide_4x.pdf)Since I upgrade my BSF to version 5, i get errors like 425 Config: Error: Invalid object type: domainI'm calling API using : (like the docs says)Arguments: type: 'global' path: '' child_type: 'domain'using BSF Firmware v5.0.0.014 (2010-11-17 22:13:28 )anyone has an idea ?Thanks for your help

#2 alan-smith

alan-smith
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

just upgraded firmware to : 5.0.0.017 (2010-12-22) it seems to works fine nowand seen this in the release notesBuild 017:Fix: The API password stored in the configuration database is now decrypted before matching the entry. [BNSF-15906]

#3 Joel Parker

Joel Parker

Engineer

• Barracuda Team Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

The issue you were seeing was due to a bug in the .014 firmware..it is fixed in .017 firmwareThe note in the firmware is related to a different bug where the plain text password supplied by client scripts querying the API was not being encrypted first before being compared to the password stored on the box (which is stored in encrypted form) they have no corrected that to encrypt the supplied password and then compare it to the one on the box, the wording in the release notes are just a little misleading.The bug you were seeing on .014 was actually due to a new variable being added to the config related to another issue and due to the way that variable was named was causing a conflict in portions of the API framework.