LDAP Failure Notification - Barracuda Spam & Virus Firew

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 djl7780

djl7780
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hello All,I currently get the following alert via email once a week or so from my Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall 400."LDAP Failure Notification - Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall" This error alos has a list of 5-15 or so email address that are in our Domain. I have done the LDAP test over and over and all test succesfully. Can anyone point me to where I could see logs of the exact times this is happening to see if my AD servers are coming unavailable for some reason? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!Dustin

#2 tcgeorge

tcgeorge
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Dustin,I just upgraded our 2 SF400's to v5 and was getting the exact same error. I found it to be the LDAP filter had to be modified as the aliases for a number of users wasn't resolving. We had no issues prior to this, but unfortunately I can't say for sure if the LDAP setting were reset with the upgrade or not.

#3 ajacks

ajacks
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hi Dustin - We are seeing the same thing since we upgraded to 5.x. but i have not had time to chase this down yet.

#4 Byron Weiss

Byron Weiss
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

Anyone figure out what the heck this is yet? :?:

#5 dlofstrom

dlofstrom
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

For what its worth, we just came across this notification last night and was able to view these incidents in the message log if you filter by the unique aliases and where action is "deferred". We found a cluster of these messages all occurring within a finite time span which we were then able to correlate against our directory servers' event logs.

#6 pcsdps

pcsdps
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

I have been having this problem as well for a while, but had tracked it down to having only one domain controller on my network and this happening when it was down for maintenance so I wasn't concerned. But last week I brought up a second domain contoller and still received this error report which did have me a bit concerned and brought me to this post.

Under the Domain/Domain Manager tab select your domain, and under the Users/LDAP Configuration tab the second domain controller needs to be entered in the 'LDAP Server' field.

For anyone that is still having this problem I hope this helps!

#7 Chris Renshaw

Chris Renshaw
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

This seems to be an old topic, but I did find the following:

Domains > Domain Manager > (Manage the specific domain) > Users > LDAP Config

Verify that the domain credentials are correct and that the CN specified is not locked out (this was my problem)

Verify that the "Valid Email (for testing)" is an actual email address on your mail server. You can "Test LDAP" to verify that all is functional again.

Once I unlocked the specified CN and ran the "Test LDAP" again to confirm all was back to working order, I didn't get the LDAP Failure Notification again!

#8 Jeremy

Jeremy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:56 AM

My Barrcuda recently has this problem too. Everyday receive at least 1 email alert. Usually about one to three email address involved. And some of the email address were fake (not exist in my mail server).

For those real email address. I follow Chris "Test LDAP" method. And it show "LDAP Test Successful".