Photo

What features would you most like to see on the Barracuda Web Filter?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Greg Hader

Greg Hader
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

In the "Details" of the Web Log some way to indicate the actual rule or reason that triggered the action.

Currently you see:
Rule-1, Rule-A, Rule-3, Advertisements and Pop-Ups

Possibly something like:
Rule-1, *Rule-A, Rule-3, Advertisements and Pop-Ups

with the "*" indicating that "Rule-A" triggered the action.

#22 Jody Gosnell

Jody Gosnell
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

The ability to fllter the web log by Groups (ie. IP Groups).

#23 Michael Greig

Michael Greig
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

I would like a NOT in filtering the log--I would like to see everything but advertisements/popups and a few other categories that I really don't care about.

#24 Michael Greig

Michael Greig
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Also a much larger web log. 250,000 entries is about a day for me, and it's as important to see how users arrived at a prohibiited site as that they did. I haven't ever found a satisfactory way to research policy infractions through reports.

#25 James Burger

James Burger
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

I would like the ability for the system to send an email to my offenders who crossed a certain threshold. For example, if we set a threshold browse time per user of xx hour(s) per day / week / month, the system would send them an email that they are approaching the threshold / reached their threshold.

#26 J Tech

J Tech
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

I would like to see the report "Search Queries By User" brought back. Currently using Fw: 7.0.0.015.

#27 Michael Greig

Michael Greig
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Truly blank blockpages for Advertisements. Older firmware used to do this for me, but apparantly that wasn't the intention.

#28 Danny Mainprize

Danny Mainprize
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Please give us custom report ability. The canned reports are basically useless for me. I generally need very specific data about specific users or websites. Also running a report that comes back with 3 results in a csv file shouldn't take 11 minutes.....just saying.

#29 Jason LaFrance

Jason LaFrance
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

I would like the ability to publish a PAC or WPAD file from the barracuda device rather than setting up a file via an external web server.

#30 Michael Greig

Michael Greig
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

I would like the ability to publish a PAC or WPAD file from the barracuda device rather than setting up a file via an external web server.

Seconded, as well as custom block pages.

#31 Chris Clos

Chris Clos
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Agreed!  Even better is in our situation where we would like authenticated users (Kerberos) to use proxy and unauthenticated user to have no-proxy setup.  This is to help with other devices that are brought in and I don't want to require them to login when they surf, just keep a really restricted category list for them.

#32 Greg Hader

Greg Hader
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Return of the "User Activity Log". Regression from v6.x firmware.

I'll post in the main forum to see if anyone has found a workaround, but running any report with the "LDAP User:" or "Kerberos User:" filter returns "No Data Found". Unless it happened recently enough to still appear in the Web Log, I can't provide management with a printout of a specific users web activity.

#33 John Difloure

John Difloure
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Want to see IP addresses resolved in the reports. Seeing an IP address in the report is not nearly as useful as seeing "bobs-pc". We have static IPs for the systems we wish to track and we even setup IP for them in the web filter but report still shows the IP.

#34 Greg Hader

Greg Hader
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Return of the "User Activity Log". Regression from v6.x firmware.

I'll post in the main forum to see if anyone has found a workaround, but running any report with the "LDAP User:" or "Kerberos User:" filter returns "No Data Found". Unless it happened recently enough to still appear in the Web Log, I can't provide management with a printout of a specific users web activity.

BUMP

Installed the v8 ER and it's still not there.

This is the single most requested information from management - "What web sites did Joe Smith got to?"

#35 Frank Persicke

Frank Persicke
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

HYPER-V

We need http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/compatibility.html to Hyper-V...

#36 Scott Reeves

Scott Reeves
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

Blocking by Top Level Domain

we have attempted this with regex blocking, but it causes more problems than it fixes.

Would like to be able to block most TLDs from surfing.

Blacklist and/ or whitelist

#37 lubar

lubar
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

shapping as Jean Carlos said, if not, a real time graphic for bandwidth gonna be usefull 

#38 Michael Greig

Michael Greig
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

or at least accurate bandwidth--I've had my connection pegged at 160Mbps, verified by router & download speed on computer, and the Barracuda reports 40Mbps...

#39 Chris Lillis

Chris Lillis
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

I would like to see the ability to block character sets such as Russian at a per user level.

#40 cces24

cces24
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:35 AM

I would like to have the possibility to set the language of the interface fix for a user account. This is because I am multilingual and think the language of the interface should not fix depend on the language of the user. I have a different configuration in different browsers. But I would like to have a fix language en an admin interface.

Regards

Dennis