Photo

What features would you most like to see on the Barracuda Web Filter?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Ariel Benjamin

Ariel Benjamin
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

I just learned today that my Backup 690 has no way to be set to remotely power on following a total loss of power. In terms of our disaster recovery procedures this is very frustrating. It means that when/if we ever suffer a long-term loss of power we have to have a person on-site to actually press the power button on the device. This is the only network appliance we have that has no ability to be remotely powered on. We use APCs and APC's network control units to control the rest of our equipment. APC has a client that runs on linux. Even if we don't do something that is as sophisticated as a power-control client (though I don't see the APC client as all that sophisticated), even the desktop computers have the ability to be told to power back on after a sudden loss of power via bios control. Please add one or the other or both. Thanks!

#62 Greg Hader

Greg Hader
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

A "Nice to have" but not a "Have To Have" suggestion  :)

The ability to set a begin-date and end-date for Exception rules.

Allow Authenticated Users to somedomain.com Begin 1/1/16 End 1/7/16

After the expiration date, have the rule displayed in RED or automatically switch it to the Disabled status (or both).

#63 Carlos Murillo

Carlos Murillo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:28 AM

AP Cisco integration

Solved

#64 Jim Williams

Jim Williams
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:47 AM

Please, could we have the option to create an allow rule based on the referrer? For example; we block streaming media for students but there is a maths site that has lots of videos that are hosted on Vimeo. I don't want to allow Vimeo (especially for younger pupils) due to the content that can be found on there. However, it would be great if I could create an allow rule to allow requests for Vimeo videos if they come from the maths site.

As others have said, a way to log a user off instead of waiting for another logged on user to clear the record. Why can't the DC Agent pass the logoff event back to the web filter?

#65 Carlos Murillo

Carlos Murillo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

Blocking applications if Forward Proxy mode

#66 Carey Graves

Carey Graves
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

I have seen all the features I would like to use already listed.

#67 Carey Graves

Carey Graves
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:47 AM

on 11.0.0.014 and all seems well

#68 Jay Hochstetler

Jay Hochstetler
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

We just installed the Barracuda ESS and have several features that we would like to see (we have created a feature request).

1. First and most important, we would like to have the ability to block attachments. Currently with the ESS, we have created a blocked attachment/file type list - files that we do not want in our environment - executables, scripts, compressed format - no matter if they are malicious or not.

The ESS blocks the email with the attachment, but the end user has the ability to log into their quarantine filter and release any quarantined or blocked email that has been blocked for policy (of course, if it is malicious, it is not accessible to the end user). Why have a blocked attachment list if the user can simply unblock?

please modify the ability for the end user to release blocked emails. quarantined is fine. Simply remove the blocked option from the end user quarantined email drop down menu, or a radio button for admins to click if we want to allow or prevent end users from releasing blocked emails.

2. Password protected archive filtering - we would like to prevent the end user from releasing these as well. We have set it up to block password protected archiving, but the end user can still release the blocked email. I would like to see this security hole fixed asap. could easily be fixed with a solution for the above item.

3. when an email is blocked, the sender receives a 'permanent failure' notice. This is incorrect because the emails is in our blocked email box and can still be released and delivered. It would be good to select the blocked mail notice per policy or failure type.

#69 Carey Graves

Carey Graves
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

Its very slow! We are looking at a solution that is response when we make changes and acing it well go get a cup of coffee. Please help us on this. I am call for a better solution because we are a barracuda shop and want to continue to be.

#70 Steve

Steve
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

With the (wonderful) ability to limit our users/students in the google apps realm we've run into a snag with YouTube. While it is signed in via the accounts.google.com system the restrictions to use a specific domain don't apply as they do with Google apps (or G suite if you prefer). Looking into the url string I see that it remains fairly consistent with: 

[https://accounts.google.com/(/ServiceLogin?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fsignin%3Fhl%3Den%26app%3Ddesktop%26feature%3Dsign_in_button%26action_handle_signin%3Dtrue%26next%3D%252F&service=youtube&passive=1209600&sacu=1&ignoreShadow=0&acui=1#Email=information%40) [ourdomain]

I've created a second post inquiring about a possible regex solution via URL patterns...... but if this could be turnkey in Web Apps control as the Google Apps suite is that would probably simplify matters for all users. 

#71 Mark Lemons

Mark Lemons
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

ATD needs to be able to block, quarantine documents that are password protected. We are getting more and more of these that ATD is not scanning that contain Malware or Ransom Ware.  As a customer just told me Exchange Online ATP does this so why does Barracuda not.

#72 Jeff Evenson

Jeff Evenson
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

I think this was mentioned earlier, some method of setting a temporary exception that automatically deletes.

#73 r.hegazy

r.hegazy
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:56 AM

we need to limit bandwidth for all user to prevent consume bandwidth 

#74 Brian D. Meer

Brian D. Meer
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

We would love to be able to tail -f /var/log/messages so we could watch live data flowing.

We would also like to be able to copy/paste or export all lists and configurations.

Currently, I need to provide our Network Security Administrator with a list of all of the Web Applications that are blocked. The window pane that shows them all isn't expandable. Highlighting all of the contents of that window doesn't include the category titles such as multimedia, social media, communication, etc... There is no export function on this page and it doesn't allow us to copy that data either.

Thank you,

Brian D. Meer

#75 Thomas McDonough

Thomas McDonough
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

It would be great to have the option to Quarantine on spf soft and hard fail.  As of now you can only block.

#76 Nathan Stueland

Nathan Stueland
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:31 AM

Global Incoming Quarantine

Would it be possible to include an option to notify an email address or addresses of incoming quarantined email instead of only the ability to notify the end recipient?  This would be setup similar to the outbound quarantine notification option.

#77 gyanagi

gyanagi
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:00 PM

Need a simple report that targets what the user is doing.

You have a ton of reports but from a manager point of view, can you just have a report that:

1) simple to view

2) Tells the manager what the user is looking at by:

a) category 

3) How long are they spending per category or domain

I spent a while looking at the canned rpeorts, but it's too much imformation.

They basically need to find out of the user based on an ip or serveal ip addresses are productive or not.  The report should show if they are just getting information off the internet (few minutes here and there, or they are spending a lot of time on the microsoft site researching, or just spening time on ebay, or amazon.  Also if they are streaming but it's just music versis video.  

So basically a report that can tell the manager an overview of the worker.  

Is that possible?  

#78 Chris Breuer

Chris Breuer
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:44 AM

Wildcard Support for Chromebooks.