Custom Reports

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brent Harding

Brent Harding
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

I don't believe this is currently a feature, but is it possible to customize the reports or build a custom report?

If not, a cool feature would be to allow custom mysql report.

#2 mheller

mheller

Nobody

• Moderators
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi brent, thank you for contacting Barracuda Networks technical forums.

To create custom reporting, we ask that you review the syslog functionality. This will give you the data needed exported to your own server to be able to create reports off of.

Currently we are looking to create dynamic reports, but it is a work of art in progress!

Matthew Willson-Heller
Support Escalation Manager, US

Barracuda Networks Inc.
Phone: +1 408.342.5300 x5346
Fax: +1 408.342.1061
Web: www.barracudanetworks.com

#3 Bill Baltas

Bill Baltas
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

It would be nice to build custom reports from log data.  I export our logs now, but creating a custom report from syslog data can be a difficult task because we have multiple devices sending to a single log server.

#4 Siam Luu

Siam Luu
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

+1 for this feature.  

I was also thinking of a couple of ways around this and here are a couple of thoughts for attacking this:

1: Perhaps throw a "summarize by" as part of the message log.  

2: For whichever reports are there, add a hyperlink to the report going to Message Log.  This would allow the user to run the same search from the logs there.

Thanks!

#5 Administrator

Administrator
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

I am really interested in the progress of this request. I have had to manually search for all emails that have been rejected due to going over the size limit. This has become one of my daily duties, since we do not have any reports indicating what and when. Barracuda Support, please respond with the current status of whether or not there can be a customized report.

Thanks!

#6 Brian Rae

Brian Rae
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

I too am interested in the ability to customize some of the reports, or at least have more available.

The daily, weekly, monthly reports are great, but I would like to see some trending. The reports alone are only fixed moment in time. To be truly helpful I need to see the trends over time.

For example the top outbound sender report. Its great that John Smith sent 1 GB worth of email last month, but is that normal? Should it raise concern? I don't know based on this report. Now if the the report showed John Smith 1 GB (+500%) or John Smith 1 GB (Previous 3 Month Average 200 MB) that would be helpful and provide definitive information that the user activity is outside the norm and needs to be looked into. This applies to many of the reports available. Give us some comparison history or make it easy to show multiple week, month comparison. It would be MUCH appreciated!

Thank you!

#7 MSP_Partner@entremt.com

MSP_Partner@entremt.com
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

I see the last post in here was over a year ago. Have we made any progress on customized reporting yet?