• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rich Dedic

Rich Dedic
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hello all,

I've been trying to get my 300 setup for email encryption and I think it's setup correctly for the most part. However when I try to test it from the IP configuration page I get the following error:

An email that was marked for encryption from encryption_test@encrypt.barracudanetworks.com cannot be delivered because the sending domain encrypt.barracudanetworks.com is not currently validated to use encryption. Until the domain is validated, this message will stay in the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall's queue for 48 hours before it will expire. Once the sending domain is validated for encryption the message will be delivered.

You can validate encrypt.barracudanetworks.com on the Domains->Domain Manager page of your Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall.

I tried to add encrypt.barracudanetworks.com to the domain list, but seeing as it's not my domain I don't see a way to validate it. Is there somewhere I go to change it to my domain? Or do I just ignore the message? I do get the notification that I have a message to retrieve so it seems to be working. Although it looks to be using the default form and not the branded page with my company logo.

Another issue I'm having. I added a filter so that when someone types encrypt in brackets, the message gets encrypted. It looks to be working as I can see the message in the logs. But it doesn't get sent out. The delivery status is deferred and the reason is Could not start TLS: not offered. So the filter is working but the message is getting stuck at some point. I don't know if "not offered" means at the destination server or from the barracuda.

Any help would be appreciated!
Rich

#2 mheller

mheller

Nobody

• Moderators
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hello rich and thank you for contacting Barracuda Networks technical forums.

Since you only need to validate domains you would be sending encryption out from, this sounds like a bug in the firmware and we ask you to contact support so we may review this with you.

Matthew Willson-Heller
Support Escalation Manager, US

Barracuda Networks Inc.
Phone: +1 408.342.5300 x5346
Fax: +1 408.342.1061
Web: www.barracudanetworks.com