Photo

Does Barracuda Link Balancer support PPTP Clients VPN connections ?

VPN PPTP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kimera

kimera
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hello all,

I know that Barracuda Link Balancer supports VPN Site to Site against other Link Balancers or against others IPSec devices (Firewalls); here I'm asking something about PPTP VPN Clients instead:

Does it (or will it) support PPTP VPN Clients acting for them as a VPN Client's terminator as a Firewall does ?

If the answer is "No, it doesn't support that type of Remote Access VPN"...shall I accordingly deploy a Firewall behind it (between the Link Balancer and the internal networks and disabiling the Firewall service actually running on the Link Balancer and moving the rules it is managing on the new Firewall) ?

Best regards,
Davide.

#2 R V Shiva Kumar

R V Shiva Kumar
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBangalore KA, IN

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hi Kimera,

Firstly thank you for choosing Barracuda Link Balancer.

As you said, the link balancer dos not support a PPTP VPN as itself acting as the endpoint fo rthe VPN Tunnels but yes you can defienetly deploy the link balancer in FW Disabled Mode and configure a Firewall behind it and hence make sure that you configure teh VPN Tunnel from the Firewall through the link balancer.

For further configuration you may want to visit our tech library and refert to the Firewall Disabled/ Transperant Mode of deployment of Link balancer or you always have an option to contact the Barracuda Support for further queries at +1 408 342 5300
Regards Shiva Kumar RV

#3 Mark Taylor

Mark Taylor
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I was told today when getting a quote that Link Balancer appliance allows a Remote client vpn connection. a pc from home to the appliance thru one of the WAN links. Is this not true?