4 replies to this topic

#1 Christian Wallner

Christian Wallner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationVienna, Austria

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hello again,

here's a request regarding the DCAgent documentation (http://techlib.barra...da+DC+Agent+6.0):

As many companies (us included) don't want to use a user with full domain administrative rights as service users we'd like to know which rights a monitoring user for the DC agent really needs. We've been trying to add rights on the DCs to the WMI control and component services for a monitoring user, but so far without success.

Please include more details regarding the needed permissions (and where to set these) to the documentation - currently it simply states that a user with permissions to run WMI queries on the domain controller should be used.

If updating the documentation takes some time I'd be happy if you could list the necessary steps in an answer to this topic.

Thanks / Best regards,

Christian Wallner.

#2 phlight

phlight
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

This is an old thread but I also wanted to express my interest in getting support from Barracuda on this.

Response from tier 2

Unfortunately, 0x80070005 is a commonly used Microsoft error code. All we really know for sure is that somewhere, this thing we're trying to do isn't allowed because of some setting. The email goes on to give instructions about allowing anonymous dcom execution.

#3 phlight

phlight
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Barracuda came through on this and I wanted to share for the others who might find this post.
A solution showing how to create a user with WMI query permission was published.
Here is the link for it:

https://www.barracud...501600000013Uxg

#4 Christian Wallner

Christian Wallner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationVienna, Austria

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for the update, phlight! :)

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that no one from Barracuda could find the time to answer my post. I understand - even though it would be nice - that you guys don't comment on every request (as the usual answer would be "we'll look into it") but I would have thought that at least you'll leave a comment when a requested feature has been implemented...

#5 Matthias Maschler

Matthias Maschler
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hello Christian,

I apologize for the long delay regarding your documentation request. Please understand that we're currently not always actively searching the product feature request thread for documentation requests within the community forum.

If you're missing specific documentation content or think articles are not accurate enough, either directly contact the documentation team through documentation@barracuda.com, use the feedback form at the bottom of every TechLibrary article or contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support.

However, we updated the DC Agent article and included the information for other customers: http://techlib.barracuda.com/x/7Aa6

Kind Regards,
Matthias

Reply to this topic