SQL

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Peldon Rose

Peldon Rose
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi, I hope someone could help me out with this. I have installed the Backup Agent in a SQL 2012 Std server with Windows Server 2012, and althought the agent is able to backup files and the system state when it tries to backup the SQL databases I get the following error:
"Missing databases below container"

The connection to the SQL server works fine but seems unable to backup the databases?

Thank you advance.

Best,
Fernando.
London,UK

#2 sevenup679

sevenup679
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

I don't think the SQL2012 is supported just yet. You'll have to wait for an update. Maybe a Barracuda member can give an update on that matter.

#3 Ben Paxton

Ben Paxton

Technical Delivery Manager

• Product Managers
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

SQL2012 support, along with Windows 8 with REFS support is in development currently. We should have a firmware release in March that will not only support the newest Microsoft software, but also provide some enhancements to backup and restore functionality.

#4 Jason Janofsky

Jason Janofsky
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Any more details on when the release will be available? Any early release estimate? We buy Barracuda because it has the slickest, most up-to-date software out there and makes our lives easier. Having to configure SQL backups from scripts again.. no bueno. SQL 2012 has been out what is getting close to a year, given the extreme delay in updating here, could we get a little better than "We should have a firmware release in March"?

#5 Andy Jensen

Andy Jensen

BBS

• Product Managers
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Jason - we have the GA release scheduled for 31 March. Customer facing beta should be available at the very end of this month. Ben will post a notice here in the forum when the Beta is available.

#6 David Devino Jr

David Devino Jr
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

any revised due date on this release?

#7 Ben Paxton

Ben Paxton

Technical Delivery Manager

• Product Managers
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yeah, obviously it's been delayed. Unfortunately I don't have a release date for you. The agent discussed in the Windows and Linux beta test thread (https://community.ba...gent-beta-test/) is the same agent that will provide the Windows and SQL 2012 support, however in order to take advantage of those things there are firmware components on the backup server that are needed, and those components just aren't finished. We hope to have an early access firmware available before the end of april however.

#8 USC Information Technology

USC Information Technology
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have been quietly waiting for support of SQL 2012, however I must express my frustration with this slow development cycle.

SQL 2012 was released 13 months ago, there simply cannot be a reasonable explaination for such a delay.
I can understand the delay for Exchange 2013, but a 13 month delay for SQL 2012 is somewhat laughable.

Looking at what the new firmware is supposed to support, I am somewhat excited - but I cannot help but think that you are doing too much with a single revision. I shouldn't have to wait for you to perfect Hyper V 3.0 cluster aware backups before I can backup physical SQL 2012 instances existing on Sever 2008r2 that have been in production for 12 months.

Best of luck on your development, I hope next cycle you try not to cram all the eggs into one firmware. Debugging must be a nightmare.

#9 Ryan Collier

Ryan Collier
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ben -

I can tell you for sure that because of how slow Barracuda has been, I am looking at different backup solutions for my business as well as my clients.

I have to totally agree with the post from USC Information Technology...

I have been quietly waiting for support of SQL 2012, however I must express my frustration with this slow development cycle.

SQL 2012 was released 13 months ago, there simply cannot be a reasonable explaination for such a delay.
I can understand the delay for Exchange 2013, but a 13 month delay for SQL 2012 is somewhat laughable.

Looking at what the new firmware is supposed to support, I am somewhat excited - but I cannot help but think that you are doing too much with a single revision. I shouldn't have to wait for you to perfect Hyper V 3.0 cluster aware backups before I can backup physical SQL 2012 instances existing on Sever 2008r2 that have been in production for 12 months.

Best of luck on your development, I hope next cycle you try not to cram all the eggs into one firmware. Debugging must be a nightmare.

#10 Peter Yasuda

Peter Yasuda
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Is there updated information available about SQL Server 2012 support?
Is there a projected release date?
I have a couple servers that will go into production within the next couple months.

#11 James Cox

James Cox
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'm waiting as well and what's worse is that I'm having to store ever larger amounts of data to make sure I'm covered. So, my costs are going up and still no sign of SQL 2012 support. I'm going to have to find another vendor if this isn't available soon. Please don't make me change!

#12 Mike Long

Mike Long
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

I am with most here, I purchased this solution in January as a replacement for Backup Exec. I was told by the sales associate that there would be support for Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 by the end of Q1. That time has come and gone and there is still not even a mention of a release date. Another issue is Exchange 2013 and the need for mailbox and message level backups for that product.

I am not sure how much longer we can keep future projects in a holding pattern while we wait for native backup support for our Barracuda Backup solutions.

Please, can you just give your customers a heads up on what is keeping the clients from being released and when you expect to have a solution ready? We would really appreciate it.

#13 Andy Jensen

Andy Jensen

BBS

• Product Managers
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Apologies to everyone who has been waiting. On Wednesday morning we will have a beta 5.3 firmware version available to customers participating in beta testing in this forum. The following functionality will be available in that firmware:

SQL 2012 Backup and Restore. With the new agent, Barracuda Backup will be interfacing with VSS instead of the legacy VDI connector.
Exchange 2013 - both with the backup agent and message level backup.
Server 2012 - with support for ReFS and deduplicated storage.
Hyper-V 2012 & Cluster Shared Volume

If you would like to try this new functionality, please go ahead and post to the forum and let us know. We'll contact you directly and get you the new firmware.

#14 Chris Marquis

Chris Marquis
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Please get in touch with me to get this in place.

#15 Tony Higgins

Tony Higgins
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

I would like the Beta 5.3 firmware.

#16 Stathis Iasonos

Stathis Iasonos
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

I will like the firmware too.

Thank you

#17 Camille Kapoor

Camille Kapoor
  • Product Managers
  • 184 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Please get in touch with me to get this in place.

I would like the Beta 5.3 firmware.

I will like the firmware too.

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in the 5.3 BETA. Your feedback is important to us and you all should have now received private messages requesting your serial numbers in order to confirm you are on the correct firmware version to run with the new agent.

Both the Linux and Windows 5.3 Agents can be downloaded from the New Windows and Linux agent BETA TEST topic. Please ensure that you read Ben's post regarding the known bugs and issues before installing and post your feedback in that section. Anyone else wanting to test the new agents should also post to that topic to ensure your requests are not missed.

Camille Kapoor
Product Manager - Backup
Barracuda Networks.

#18 James Boydell

James Boydell
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

I would like to test the 5.3 firmware as well.

#19 Camille Kapoor

Camille Kapoor
  • Product Managers
  • 184 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

I would like to test the 5.3 firmware as well.

Thanks for your involvement. I've sent you an email requesting your serial number.

Camille Kapoor
Product Manager - Backup
Barracuda Networks.

#20 James Dietzel

James Dietzel
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

I would like to beta test 5.3 firmware. I have SQL 2012 that I am trying to backup.