• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Camille Kapoor

Camille Kapoor
  • Product Managers
  • 184 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

I would like to beta test 5.3 firmware. I have SQL 2012 that I am trying to backup.

James - Happy to have you onboard! Please can you send me a personal message confirming which serial/s you would like this applied against.

Camille Kapoor
Product Manager - Backup
Barracuda Networks.

#22 Brett Minzer

Brett Minzer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

I would like Beta 5.3 loaded on 224343 my Barracuda as per your instructions.

#23 Ben Paxton

Ben Paxton

Technical Delivery Manager

• Product Managers
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

I would like Beta 5.3 loaded on 224343 my Barracuda as per your instructions.

Hey Brett, I've added your information to our beta testers list and started the firmware upgrade to 5.3. If you have any questions or problems with the firmware please visit our beta testers thread for assistance. You can find the thread here: https://community.ba...gent-beta-test/. You can also find the 5.3 agent for both Windows and Linux at the top of that thread.

#24 USC Information Technology

USC Information Technology
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Absolutely absurd. These features are not yet past the beta stage.

How can you not yet have a full release supporting Windows Server 2012 yet?

For the love of god, split the features up between firmware versions and give us basic product support. SQL 2012, Exchange 2013, Windows 2012 - How can you possibly excuse your lack of basic support for these platforms?

Why should Hyper-V cluster awareness or Linux support impact my ability to backup SQL 2012?

SQL 2012 was released in March of 2012, it has been 19 months..... What possible reason or excuse can be behind a 19month development cycle for SQL backups.

SQL 2014 is right arround the corner, Microsoft has released a second technology preview. How can I take Barracuda Networks seriously if you cannot produce a backup solution in the time it takes the vendor to produce an entirely new version? Server 2012R2 is RTM - Barracuda isn't even finished with the previous version yet.

Can I expect SQL 2014 and Server 2012R2 support anytime this decade?

#25 Matt DeKorte

Matt DeKorte
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

I am also having the same problem, I'd be happy to run beta firmware for this support. This is a new client and a majority of their data is SQL and sold them on a barracuda, now it doesn't do what they absolutely need it to do...

#26 Christian Scholz

Christian Scholz
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:32 AM

Hi, I hope someone could help me out with this. I have installed the Backup Agent in a SQL 2012 Std server with Windows Server 2012, and althought the agent is able to backup files and the system state when it tries to backup the SQL databases I get the following error:
"Missing databases below container"

The connection to the SQL server works fine but seems unable to backup the databases?

Thank you advance.

Best,
Fernando.
London,UK

Are there any news that it is working now?

#27 Andy Jensen

Andy Jensen

BBS

• Product Managers
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:04 AM

Christian - this thread was not formally closed, but as far as I'm aware, SQL2012 support has been functioning for quite some time now. Are you having problems?