VPN Site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sergiu

Sergiu
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Hello guys! Can someone help me with this . I have 3 remote sites and Main Office (HQ).we bought 4 Firewalls .Three F100 for remote sites and one F200 for HQ. Each sites have Domain controller (Active Directory). WE want to eliminate domain controllers form each remote site and use this firewall to connect to main office using VPN.Each site are using modem router Comcast.Three remote sites has one public IP each, Main Office has Five public IP.Should i install firewall this way for each remote site:
1.Connect firewall F100 to comcast SMC bussiness gateway.
2.switch connect to firewall .(should i use switch or router?)
3.All 20 users to the switch .Each remote site has 20 users.
Second question Five of 20 users are using Vpn and connected to State of Geotgia to access database.I did this way connected one laptop to state of georgia with Cisco Vpn client and did internet connection share.On each user of those five I added permanent routing table,and all five are connecting through VPN to State of Georgia..My question is
How can i connect those five users of 20 To state of Georgia using VPN and also connect to our Main Office for accessing network resources using VPN? Sorry for this long story but i want you understand what I talk about.Thank you .

#2 sevenup679

sevenup679
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

To your Questions:

1. Connect the WAN interface to your router from Comcast. Depending on the configuration you have to use DHCP on the WAN interface, or you can configure the IP directly on the FW using the router as next hop.
2. Use a switch to connect the LAN side of the FW.
3. Yes.

VPN Question. Keep using the Cisco Client as you do now. They will connect using the internet, while the other use the VPN Tunnel to connect to the HQ.

Best is, you create a network plan, whit your setup and then call Barracuda. They will help you to setup the FW.

so long...

You can easily create the tunnels to your HQ using the remote FW.