email notification

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Emanuele

Emanuele
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hello everyone, I have a problem when I try to notify by email the login / logut or any action, set the admin email I get all the action of their users when they log in, you may be fine, the problem is that if I enter an email a user also receives all the notifications of all users, this is a problem.

Suggestions?

#2 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Can you tell me how you would like the notificiations to work and maybe I can help you to fine tune the settings.

It sounds like you have added another email to the recipients list, which will of course email that recipient also of any login/logout action on the system.

Chris.

#3 Emanuele

Emanuele
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

I need that the network administrator receive a notification of a login/logout for all vpn users.

Currently i have insert the address of network administrator in in the System Administrator and System Alerts Email (Administration/Email Notification) and receive notifications of all users, and it is correct.

The problem is that if I create a user and associate this email, the user will receive notifications of all other users, and for my point of view this is incorrect.

Thanks in advance.

#4 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'm a little confused here, so you are creating a new user that has the same email address as the network administrator? If that is the case, it will get exactly the same email. I feel that I am misunderstanding what you want here, could you explain what you would like to see from this?

Chris.

#5 Emanuele

Emanuele
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

No I'll explain..

I create a new users that has the individual address email:

user1= user1@email.com
user2= user2@domain.com
user3= user3@anotherdomain.com
NetAdmin= ntwkadmin@netadmin.com

At this point when user1 and/or user2 and/or user3 logon, network administrator receive an email address (first i setup a action for this)
and this is correct.

The problem is that when a user$ logon, the notification email comes to the other users.

Emanuele

#6 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Thanks,

Ok so for the notification itself, what have you set for the Recipient Rules and also which Recipient sections have you added items to?

i.e Username, Group Name, Policies and Email Address.

My first guess is that you might have added the users' Policy here as well as the Network Admin's email address, which would have the effect you are seeing.

Chris.

#7 Emanuele

Emanuele
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Thanks Chris,

i reviewed the settings and I have corrected the errors, now everything works perfectly.

Thank you again,
Emanuele

#8 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad that was it - but don't worry it does appear to be a common misunderstanding of that particular set of options.

Chris.