• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 revion

revion
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hello folks,
I am running NG FW400 (5.2.6-021) and trying backup all rules.Can I backup rules only?I did read about .par file and it works great (backup)

Can someone point me in the right direction how to backup and restore firewall rules? I just want to make sure if i delete one or more rules i can just restore them on the go.
i tried selecting 1 rule and export to clipboard but it copies all rules instead, even though all rules are copied into clipboard it does not import it.

Thanks for your help
/Alex

#2 Micha Knorpp

Micha Knorpp
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGermany, BW

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Hi Alex,

You don´t have a NG ControlCenter appliance, do you? If yes, copying the ruleset to the repository after every change would be one possible solution (but only works for the whole ruleset, not single rules).

If you have standalone appliances, maybe a "shadow copy" of the ruleset is helpful. Just add a new ruleset tab:
right-click on the "Main Rules" tab on tob of the ruleset list ans select "new rulelist" - this one will show up as another tab. Then copy all the content from the main to the "backup" tab.
As long as you don´t refer to the backup ruleset by using the "cascade" type of rules, it is completely ignored.
Single rules can easily be copied from one list to another with "right-click - copy".

I think this should work.

greez, -micha-
regards,
-micha-

#3 Manfred Halper

Manfred Halper
  • Barracuda Guru
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Hey Alex,

Go on the Configuration ofthe firewall rules. There is a left hand side menu called "Settings". There you find export and import which saves/restores Firewal lrules as *.fwrule7.

Attention: I'm not using it very often just sometimes to save Firewall Rules in case a change isn't working well.

G
Manfred.

#4 revion

revion
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions -- much appreciated.