Exchange 2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael McGuire

Michael McGuire
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

I have all the inbound mail working through the Email Security Service. Now I need to get the Outbound Mail going through the Email Secuirty Service.

According to the first step I need to Enter the IP Address, Netmask, Domain Name (logging domain) and an optional Comment. Is this the IP Address of my exchnage server (the same one I am using for the incomming mail)? Same with the Net Mask? The domain I assume is just the same domain I am using for the inbound as well?

The second step wants me to confirgure my Exchange Server. I was going to configure a new connector and call it Barracuda. My Question here is what do I put in for 'Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart host'? Do I enter an IP Address here or the Outbound Hostname (xxxxx.o.ess.barracudanetworks.com)?

Does anyone know if there was anything additional I would need to add to my firewall. It is already setup to allow smtp for the exchnage ip address.

#2 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

On the "Outbound Settings/Sender IP Address Ranges" page you enter the Public IP address of any device that is going to relay mail to the Barracuda Email Security Service. This is normally the public IP address of your mail server.

The netmask you enter is usually 255.255.255.255 which means use only this one IP address.

The domain you enter is the domain name you want your mail to be logged at. For example if you have 5 domains and all used the same mail server then you would need to select which of the 5 the outbound mail is logged to. If you only have a single domain then you would just enter that domain name.

When setting you your exchange server you should set the smarthost to the Outbound MX hostname listed on your domains page. This is the xxxxx.o.ess.barracudanetworks.com hostname. You should not covert this or change this to an IP address as will result in your outbound mail failing if/when we move IP addresses for maintenance.

You should not have to do anything special at your firewall for outbound mail.

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#3 Phu

Phu
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

The Cuda box and BESS working perfect with Inbound and outbound but the issue i got here are: All messages forward from my email server to Cuda box being reject because in the envelope does not contain my domain so the device say 451 domain not found

Fox example:

All messages sent to abc@mydomain.com will be forward to abc@gmail.com

I have trusted and enable relay my IP on the box. It passed my Cudabox but still rejected by BESS.

Any help are appreciate.

#4 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

By default the Barracude Email Security Service will only accept outbound mail if it is coming from your registered domains. We do not allow relaying of mail through the service as a default feature.

If you are relaying your incoming mail back out to a gmail or yahoo (for example) account you will need to call Barracuda support at 408-342-5400 and request the spoofing be enabled for your account.

Note that if we start seeing spam being sent after spoofing is enabled we will disable spoofing until the problem is resolved.

Thank you

Michael Exner
Tier III Support Engineer
Barracuda Networks Inc.

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#5 goit@barracudamsp

goit@barracudamsp
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:11 AM

On the "Outbound Settings/Sender IP Address Ranges" page you enter the Public IP address of any device that is going to relay mail to the Barracuda Email Security Service. This is normally the public IP address of your mail server.

The netmask you enter is usually 255.255.255.255 which means use only this one IP address.

The domain you enter is the domain name you want your mail to be logged at. For example if you have 5 domains and all used the same mail server then you would need to select which of the 5 the outbound mail is logged to. If you only have a single domain then you would just enter that domain name.

When setting you your exchange server you should set the smarthost to the Outbound MX hostname listed on your domains page. This is the xxxxx.o.ess.barracudanetworks.com hostname. You should not covert this or change this to an IP address as will result in your outbound mail failing if/when we move IP addresses for maintenance.

You should not have to do anything special at your firewall for outbound mail.

Hello,

we have a domain (a.com) with 2 aliases (b.com and c.com) attached to it setup on the Barracuda Email Security.

Now on the exchange server we created a send connector : which uses the outbound hostname for the primary domain (a.com).

We also have setup the Sender IP Address ranges as follows :

a.com       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (= public ip)

A few questions about this setup ?

Do we need to create a send connector for each domain on the exchange server ?

Do we need to create an entry for each domain with the same public ip on the Sender IP Address Ranges page ? Because this fails with the message overlapping range (it's the same email server).