Outlook Add-in/Firmware Upgrade - BMA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Hallman

John Hallman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Give the users the ability to update their own outlook plug-in. So after a firmware upgrade that requires an outlook plug-in upgrade the user would get a box that would say something like your plug-in is out of date, would you like to install the new version. Then start up the installer. You might even have something on the BMA interface that allows the user to update themself or deny the user the right to do so.

This would prevent the help desk from getting calls from the time after the upgrade until the administrator can get the new plug-in rolled out thru GP, SMS, or TEM. Which is nearly impossible to do anyway since outlook is open from the time a user starts work till the time they leave.

#2 Alon Yaffe

Alon Yaffe

Product Manager - Archiving

• Product Managers
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI, USA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

In development.

Alon Yaffe
Director, Storage Product Management
Barracuda Networks.

#3 Greg Hader

Greg Hader
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:18 PM

+1

I'm stuck in the V4.0 - v4.1 transition. Until I made a specific request for a direct link to the 4.1 to be posted, our only path would have been to upgrade the archiver to 4.1, break the plugin to all the users we've just had to train to use the plugin (and stop making PST files), and then only after upgrading the archiver could we get the new 4.1 plugin. Unfortunately, SCCM/SMS, TEM, GP, etc. isn't able to push "100%, right now" we would have been left with C and VP level who cannot get to the archives the way they were taught.

#4 Greg Hader

Greg Hader
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

And again with the release of the v5 firmware.

Can't upgrade until we get the plugin deployed, and we can't get the plugin until after we upgrade.

#5 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Greg -

You can get the Add-Ins on the web now. http://d.barracuda.c...utlookAddIn.exe

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager

#6 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

There's three threads I'm responding to with the same message.

1) The 4.1 add-in will work with 5.0 firmware.

2) You can get the 5.0 add-in at http://d.barracuda.c...utlookAddIn.exe
3) I opened a feature request to make the add-ins more visible on barracuda.com/your machines update page if you don't have the firmware yet. This is feature request BNMA-13378. You can reference that number whenever checking on updates to speed things along.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager