Photo

PC with sql server cannot be read

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 tuvia

tuvia
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

I am trying to get VSB 10 to work, but so far we have a couple killer problems. the first is that on the win2003 server with sql server 2008 installed, trying in any way from the administrator to view or access that station reslts in the administratror hanging. I cannot even expand the little plus sign or just click the name of the station. Any access at all crashes.

It is the only server with SQL on it, whivh is what makes me think that is the problem.

I am using the 60 day eval and there are no errors in th Win event logs.

TIA

#2 Matt Orme

Matt Orme
  • Moderators
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hello TIA,

As that's not a problem I've run into, my recommendation would be to contact Barracuda Networks support via email to support@barracuda.com. Your evaluation includes free remote support for the 60 day duration.

Let them know you are having issues with the SQL connector and that you are evaluating Yosemite Server Backup and a support case will be created and support engineer will contact you to assist.

#3 tuvia

tuvia
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Support did locate the problem, to a point. Turned out reinstalling the SQL Native Driver did the trick. However that was my new problem, none of the problems I had when I tried ver 9 have gone away. It is a simple set of 4 windows 2003 servers, 3 of which have deal-killer problems. I had my server expert review them and he says no problems in Windows. I will post the problems in separate thrads, and maybe now that I know I have support during the eval I can see if they can be resolved. I like the YSB interface and approach so much better than backup exec or acronis, but neither of them have any troubles with my servers,