Wrong user detected

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Cody Case

Cody Case
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

More testing: found a server no one was logged on to. Brought up the web log on that server and found there were two entries for the service account previously set to "unauthenticated" less than an hour ago. I logged on to that server and started browsing the web. The web log shows the service account as doing the browsing rather than my user account that I just logged on with. That kind of kills the last logged on user theory. Please advise.

#22 Stefan Holzweber

Stefan Holzweber
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:34 AM

How long does it take for this to go into effect? Or do we have to power cycle the web filter? We are having this exact issue. I have configured the service account as an "unauthenticated" user but I am still seeing the service account show up in the web log every few seconds when it should be the actual user logged on to the machine after 10 minutes. Please advise.

there is no reboot needed.

i expected that it takes effect immediately but tbh haven't played around with this option for a while.

it might be that you have to manually kick the service account user one time (under "User/Groups" > "Account View")

when this user still appears after kicking there is also a filter option in the newer DC Agents where you can add users that the DC Agent ignores them and does not forward this user to the Barracuda

#23 Cody Case

Cody Case
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

Looks like logging the account out of the users tab may have worked. Will follow up next week. Thanks!

#24 Stefan Holzweber

Stefan Holzweber
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:26 AM

great news!

#25 Juan Benz

Juan Benz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:28 PM

Hi, i have the same issue, we have an AD user, this user its only to integrate ldap user with cisco solutions like call manager and im&p or unity. So this user is only configurated on cisco solutions.

Some times barracuda detect this user on any computer in my network (not with dhcp).

Its like a user its jumping from pc to pc, and replaced any user privilege. So the user need enter username and password or logoff and login