• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andrew Wataszko

Andrew Wataszko
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hello,

I'm currently running the V400vx but I'm thinking of making the jump to the V600vx as I want access via the API.

We currently use a per domain billing model but we would like to switch over to a per user model. I should be able to pull this information via the API. Is there any commercial products that can manage this sort of function? 

Thanks,

Andrew

#2 nextron

nextron
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBasel, Switzerland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

hia

you can use the API on the 400vx.  we do so very heavily on ours (add/edit/delete domains, a/e/d filters, a/e/d white & blacklists etc).

at the moment, it seems you can't pull a list of users per domain, only the global one.  but for stats, i do this just like this -> i pull the global list, and then process it to narrow it down to specific domains (simple loop and if condition if listlast(@) matches my desired domain.  that works very well.

just be informed that not all inbound email addresses have a user created for it - only if the user does it manually or there is quarantined files for it.  we do per email billing on our side and i use the syslog to dump all log data into a database and then i filter by recipients and domain, counting up all recipients having received at least 5 emails for the past month (in an attempt to grab really used email addresses and discard seldom used aliases).

cheerios, lukas