IE11 error 500 - Internal Server Error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mfawcus

mfawcus
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Has anyone else seen this error? I have one remote user who says he gets this error since recent Windows Updates.

The page displaying the error is https://my.server.com/default/showLogon.do

#2 mfawcus

mfawcus
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Adding the SSLVPN url to the IE11 Compatibilty list is a workaround

#3 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Do you have any information on what firmware version you are using and what client operating system?

I don't have any specific solutions for your problem as IE11 works great for me normally.

Chris.

#4 mfawcus

mfawcus
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Chris, I've sent you a message with the URL for our VPN box.

I was able to recreate the error message with Windows 7 64-bit and IE11 (latest patches).

The error appear immediately when accessing the login page (the login page does not appear but an error message on a red background appears instead).

Adding the URL of the VPN box to IE11's Compatibility list allows the login page to display correctly.

#5 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yep I get it too but only on your box, I'll continue this with you via the private message you sent to me.

#6 Johann Bacquart

Johann Bacquart
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

My customer has the same problem do you have e solution for this problem?

thanks

#7 Johann Bacquart

Johann Bacquart
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

It's an SSL VPN 380

#8 Chance Webster

Chance Webster
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

I get the same issue on Win8.1 /w IE 11.  In Firefox, all I see is a white screen when attempting to access the backup module from the cloud portal.

#9 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

The issue that this thread was initially raised on was relating to a servlet error that occured in some really old firmwares. That problem was resolved in version 2.3.3.

So Johann, are you on this firmware or later? If later, then your issue is something else and I'd need to get into a support tunnel to see what happening on the back end. Feel free to PM me and we can talk more on this.

Chance, the SSL VPN isn't cloud connected. Is it a backup issue with SSL VPNs or are you having issues connecting to your Barracuda Backup boxes?

Chris.