Better database

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric

Eric
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Database should be the first priority. It is slow, with time it grows too much, there should be a kind of compress tool and i'm sure it slows down backup when it becomes bloated

Also now i have plenty of bugs. Backups not starting, starting after i restart yosemite service. I suspect the database to be the culprit...

I think you should focus on stability and speed :-)

#2 Nick Franklin

Nick Franklin
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

I Agree, the database sucks, it really is the chillies heal of generally a good backup solution. I have lost count of the number of times I have had to rebuild the database because I could not expand the local drives and a full backup does happen but the backup report says the backup was successful.

#3 Wayne Lowe

Wayne Lowe
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

I agree, I have had to start over once already once my database got too large and required frequent rebuilds.

The first fix needs to be to allow export and import of backup jobs and media names, If you have to reset / restart your database you lose all the jobs and media info.

Then we need a way to purge and pack the database since it just grows until it breaks,

#4 Jon McGugan

Jon McGugan
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

I agree, waiting 2 days for the database repair whilst no backup or restore is possible is not what a backup solution should be doing.

#5 Chris Porosky

Chris Porosky
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

+1  This has to be fixed to avoid downtime and cost of ownership.  A simple purge shrink automated option would be good for the majority of us.