MrBedo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

Setup:

9 Windows 2008 R2 RDS servers

1 additional Windows 2008 R2 server configured with the Connection Broker role

1 service configured on the 340 load balancer incorporating all 9 RDS servers

After upgrading to firmware version 4.1.0.034, any user with a disconnected session will hang when attempting to log back into the RDS farm. It always hangs at the Windows 'Welcome' screen after the user has entered their credentials.

If I revert the firmware to version 3.6.1.009 the problem goes away, but the users are prompted to enter their credentials twice. This was the original problem we were trying to eliminate and the reason we updated the firmware to 4.1.

At present we cannot update to the latest firmware (4.2.0.005) because of an 'Invalid File' error when attempting to download it (I have a support call open with Barracuda about this).

The connection broker is configured exactly as described here: http://techlib.barra...r 2008 R1 or R2

however I have ignored Step 4 "Select the Participate in Connection Broker Load-Balancing check box." as this apparently incorrect according to this forum post: https://community.ba...nection-broker/

Finally, it should probably be noted that the users logon hangs regardless of whether the farm name or the IP of the farm is used.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 R V Shiva Kumar

R V Shiva Kumar
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBangalore KA, IN

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

Hi MrBedo,

Please update to the latest firmware 4.2.2.008 on the load balancer, and the issue will be resolved

There is known bug for RDP Session Cookie not being passed to the backend server in the firmware 4.1.0.034 which is approximately more than an year old

If you happen to face any issues even after updating the firmware to 4.2.2, please do contact the Barracuda Support as we have a 24X7 Support for the Barracuda Load Balancers

Email Support: LinkandLoadSupport_Team@barracuda.com

Regards
Shiva Kumar RV
Barracuda Networks Inc
Regards Shiva Kumar RV

#3 MrBedo

MrBedo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Thanks Shiva

I hope to be able to get the latest firmware on there tonight once the existing Invalid File error has been resolved.

cheers