This section of the forum will be used to inform about new hardware models and hardware revisions.
Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:48 AM
New F800 and F900 sub-models and NIC modules
There are now two new NIC modules available for Barracuda NG Firewall models F800 and F900:
- BNGM804 / BNGIM804: 8x1 GbE SFP Fiber Port Module (F900 only)
- BNGM805 / BNGIM805: 4x10 GbE SFP+ Fiber Port Module (F800 and F900)
New orders for F800 will be shipped with M801, M802, M803, or M805 modules.
New order for F900 will be shipped with M801, M802, M804, or M805 modules.
For F800 port modules M801, M802, M803 and M805 can be used.
From now on F800 can be ordered as sub-models having follwing port combinations:
- BNGF800a / BNGIF800a: Modular System with 12x1 GbE RJ45 Copper Ports, Port Bracket B emtpy or to choose M801, M802, M803 or M805
- BNGF800a.CCC / BNGIF800a.CCC: with 20x1 GbE RJ45 Copper Ports (2xM801)
- BNGF800a.CCF / BNGIF800a.CCF: with 12x1 GbE RJ45 Copper Ports + 4x1 GbE SFP Fiber Ports (1xM801 + 1xM802)
- BNGF800a.CCE / BNGIF800a.CCE: with 12x1 GbE RJ45 Copper Ports + 4x10 GbE SFP+ Fiber Ports (1xM801 + 1xM805)
For F900 port modules M801, M802, M803, M804 and M805 can be used.
From now on F900 can be ordered as sub-models having follwing port combinations:
- BNGF900a / BNGIF900a: Modular System without port modules, Port Bracket A, B, C emtpy and to choose M801, M802, M803, M804 or M805
- BNGF900a.CCC / BNGIF900a.CCC: with 24x1 GbE RJ45 Copper Ports (3xM801)
- BNGF900a.CCF / BNGIF900a.CCE: with 16x1 GbE RJ45 Copper Ports + 4x10 GbE SFP+ Fiber Ports (2xM801 + 1xM805)
- BNGF900a.CFE / BNGIF900a.CFE: with 8x1 GbE RJ45 Copper + 8x1 GbE SFP Fiber + 4x10 GbE SFP+ Fiber Ports (1xM801 + 1xM804 + 1xM805)
Please note: For existing installations and appliances shipped before 26th May 2014 new port modules M804 and M805 can be used only in combination with upgrade to NG Firewall Release 5.2.10 or 5.4.2+hotfix (or higher). For using M805 port module an additional BIOS upgrade is needed. Please contact Barracuda Support Team for assistance.
Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:44 AM
Barracuda NG Firewall F380
We are pleased to announce the launch of Barracuda NG Firewall F380.
The Barracuda NG Firewall F380 is the perfect starter box for mid-sized offices with up to 200 users in need of the full BNG feature set.
- Firewall Throughput: 3.8 Gbps
- IPS Throughput: 1.1 Gbps
- VPN Throughput: 750 Mbps
- Concurrent sessions: 200,000
- News sessions/s: 9,500
- Form factor: 1U rack mount
- NICs: 8x1 GbE copper ports
The F380 is a real all-rounder and is the ideal solution for all kinds of usage scenarios. Besides perimeter protection, it is perfect for LAN segmentation to protect different business units within a gigabit network. It is also a perfect fit for big branch offices with a permanent data connection to the headquarters and an additional direct internet break out.
The new Barracuda NG Firewall F380 provides powerful next-generation firewall functionality, including:
- Security - All features of the latest Barracuda NG Firewall version 5.4.3 release including application detection, SSL interception, IPS and malware protection
- Flexibility - Direct, fast and secure access to the Internet and private or public cloud resources
- Availability - 99.99 percent availability of all business-critical resources
- Connectivity - Integrated application aware WAN virtualisation
- Control - Powerful UI with real-time traffic control, central management via Barracuda NG Control Center
Please visit barracuda.com for more detailed Information.
Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:48 AM
Barracuda NG Firewall F900 Revision B
We are pleased to announce the launch of Barracuda NextGen Firewall F900 Revision B.
New F900 Rev. B provides increased performance and port density and combines this with a smaller form factor (1U). New F900 Revision B model enhances performance by more than 40% and has about 50% less power consumption and heat dissipation.
- Firewall Throughput: 35 Gbps
- IPS Throughput: 11.3 Gbps
- VPN Throughput: 9.3 Gbps
- Concurrent sessions: 4,000,000
- News sessions/s: 190,000
- Form factor: 1U rack mount
- Management port, Serial Console, IPMI and Dual hot swap power supply
- Storage: 480 GB SSD
- Available models:
- F900.CCC: 32x1 GbE copper ports
- F900.CCE: 16x1 GbE copper, 8x10 GbE SFP+ fiber
- F900.CFE: 8x1 GbE copper, 8x1 GbE SFP fiber, 8x10 GbE SFP+ fiber
- NIC modules:
- M806: 8x1 GbE RJ45 copper
- M807: 8x1 GbE SFP fiber
- M808: 4x10 GbE SFP+ fiber
- (former modules M801, M802, M803, M804, and M805 are not compatible with new F900 Revision
- Seamless revision change: Former F900 Revision A configuration is fully compatible with new F900 Revision B and can also run in HA cluster.
Please note that F900 Rev.A entered End-of-Sale on October 31, 2016 (End-of-Support: 31.Oct.2021).
Please also consult the latest End-of-Sales / End-of-Life knowledgebase article (https://www.barracud...50160000000IQxo).