Photo

External Static IPs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Rynberg

Andrew Rynberg
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I have 5 static IP address pools provided by AT&T with my Uverse.  I can not get the IPs to work from outside the network.  Here is my current setup.

Firewall is off.

Wan2 is set to a static ip address of 172.16.96.5 and the UVerse DSL router is set to 172.16.96.1 with the default server set to 172.16.96.5.  The router's external IP is one of the provided static ips.

I have added the group of static IP address to the extra ip addresses under Wan2.

I have setup 2 Nat1:1 links using 2 of the available statics and pointed them to 2 pieces of equipment behind the Barracuda.  I have port forwarded a couple of ports on the Wan2 link using the static assigned to the DSL router and pointed them to 2 internal pieces of equipment.

If I access any of the equipment using the external static IP address from my internal network, everything works fine.

If I access the routers external static ip from outside using port 8000 the default server rule works and passes me to the Barracuda API.

If I access the routers external static ip from outside using a port I have mapped like 3389, I can't connect to the internal piece of equipment.

If I access one of the available static ip address from outside that I have Nat1:1, I can't connect to the internal piece of equipment.

Any help getting this setup and working would be greatly appreciated.