• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 stalle

stalle
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hello,

because there is no separate feature request for MDM, I post my sugestions here.

First of all.....MDM works GREAT !!!!!! Formerly we used the very expensive Tower One solution TARMAC and we were very unhappy with this solutuion. Barracuda MDM is similar but with a few features less. So I post my suggestions, that MDM becomes better....and better.... ;)

- Rename Devices. Important Issue....because it's not very helpful to have in a larger Company a lot of "Johns iPhone" in your device list. ;)

- Comment field to leave some annotations in device list

- Multiple profiles. It's necessary to have different profiles, for some devices or users

- Profile upload. Make it possible to upload profiles which are created by iPhone Configuration tool

- LDAP or Active Directory authentication... is it possible to use Web- or Mailfilter inside the company ? Access to LDAP/AD from outside is a security issue.

Is there a documentation available ?

#2 Shawn Evans

Shawn Evans
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

I agree on the multi profiles, I want to push apps to certain sections not everyone.

Rename device is another good one.

Also Android support.

#3 Christian Feichtinger

Christian Feichtinger
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAustria, Europe

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

- The Barracuda Mobile Companion should also be supported on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X and Windows Mobile Phone Editions

- Place Devices in Groups shoud be a nice feature

- Different Profiles for different Devices, Users and Groups would made it more granular

- Android Support

regards

Christian Feichtinger

Barracuda Certified System Engineer

Barracuda NG Firewall Certified Security Expert

#4 Jacob J Hong

Jacob J Hong
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

I am starting to configure the MDM for iPad rollout and was searching all over for multiple profiles and device groups.  Very surprised those don't exist.

#5 stalle

stalle
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

On Device Config->Applications make it possible to choose on which devices or devices groups the App should be installed. Just "Sync with missing" and "Sync with all" is too less granular.

#6 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

Thank you for the feedback, all of these items have been raised as feature requests.

#7 Sean-Ryan Sullivan

Sean-Ryan Sullivan
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDillsburg, PA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Request the ability to delete devices whether they are active or not.  When refreshing devices using Apple Configurator you HAVE to re-install the MDM profile which fails since the device is already enrolled.  Un-enrolling the device seems to either take a very long time or is not functioning correctly in the MDM.  I clicked unenroll BEFORE refreshing the device - MDM removed the profile and removed the apps but MDM still shows the device as active.  I can not delete the device until it goes inactive which is severely hindering my progress.

Feature Request: Ability to delete devices regardless of the activity state.

#8 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:48 AM

• Rename devices is now available, this is only available on supervised devices
  • Comments can now be provided on a per device basis
  • LDAP or CSV files can now be imported to provide user assignment to devices
  • More details about the 1.2 release can be found here https://techlib.barr...om/MDM/WhatsNew
  • Multiple profiles support is expected early Q4 2014
  • Android support is expected early Q4 2014

#9 Sean-Ryan Sullivan

Sean-Ryan Sullivan
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDillsburg, PA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

• Rename devices is now available, this is only available on supervised devices
  • Comments can now be provided on a per device basis
  • LDAP or CSV files can now be imported to provide user assignment to devices
  • More details about the 1.2 release can be found here https://techlib.barr...om/MDM/WhatsNew
  • Multiple profiles support is expected early Q4 2014
  • Android support is expected early Q4 2014

I was about to ask if there was an update as to when multiple profiles will be supported.  I am running into an issue that having the ability to assign a profile to a test iPhone would be greatly beneficial.

Thanks on the update!

#10 Chris Frank

Chris Frank
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPrecision Plastics, inc

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Android support PLEASE. I saw that it is in the works. I want to continue to add to how IMPORTANT it is.

#11 Rob Christensen

Rob Christensen
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

I'm highly considering switching to Barracuda's MDM solution for our iOS devices, but need the ability to add the restrictions now available for supervised devices running iOS 7+  (i.e. Allow use of iMessage; Allow removing apps; Allow Handoff; etc.)  These can be found in the Apple Configurator. Every option available in the Apple Configurator should be available in the profile setup (including setup for 3rd party VPN solutions (i.e. SonicWall, Aruba, etc.).  And while I know I can set these up in Apple Configurator when initially setting up the device, this would defeat the purpose of an MDM server solution to be able to modify these on the fly and push out changes.

Also we would highly support the need and request for multiple profile support.

Other than the generic Q4 release are we looking early Q4 or late?  I have a huge upcoming rollout and would like to make my decision soon on how to proceed. 

Also it mentions in setup that Barracuda reserves the right to charge for more than 50 devices -- does anyone know how this is determined and what the pricing is.  I'm going to have about 275 devices by spring. 

Thanks!

#12 Software Manager

Software Manager
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm highly considering switching to Barracuda's MDM solution for our iOS devices, but need the ability to add the restrictions now available for supervised devices running iOS 7+  (i.e. Allow use of iMessage; Allow removing apps; Allow Handoff; etc.)  These can be found in the Apple Configurator. Every option available in the Apple Configurator should be available in the profile setup (including setup for 3rd party VPN solutions (i.e. SonicWall, Aruba, etc.).  And while I know I can set these up in Apple Configurator when initially setting up the device, this would defeat the purpose of an MDM server solution to be able to modify these on the fly and push out changes.

Also we would highly support the need and request for multiple profile support.

Ditto that

#13 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Additional restrictions and missing iOS 8 payloads are now available.

#14 Software Manager

Software Manager
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

Hi, I'd like to request the ability to upload our own profiles (.mobileconfig files) to the Barracuda MDM.

Karl, is this technically viable?

Additional restrictions and missing iOS 8 payloads are now available.

#15 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:47 AM

This feature has been previously raised in the backlog.  Could you provide a use case around this to better understand it?  As it's quick and easy to build a profile, it would be interesting to understand how you would use this.

#16 Software Manager

Software Manager
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:45 AM

Hey Karl,

We generate our own profiles for Mac OS X with all kinds of payloads. Every setting and restriction available in Apple's Profile Manager (in OS X Server) is required by us, so if these same settings and restrictions were available in your on-line Profile builder we could utilise that. However, if the ability to upload our own profiles wasn't viable then we would need to be able to enrich the profile with our own custom keys (like ones found in here https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/featuredarticles/iPhoneConfigurationProfileRef/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010206-CH1-SW4)

This feature has been previously raised in the backlog.  Could you provide a use case around this to better understand it?  As it's quick and easy to build a profile, it would be interesting to understand how you would use this.

#17 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:43 AM

Aaron,

I don't think the upload would solve your problem.  If you are saying there are options that aren't supported, when you upload it, these would still not be supported.  In the latest release we've added support for many (if not all) of the missing restrictions and payloads.  If there are specific ones you think are still missing let me know.  Also when you say custom keys, I'm not entirely clear what you mean.  Again, if you let me know know I can investigate further.

#18 Rick Kaczanko

Rick Kaczanko
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

I would like to see the ability to disable user access to location services in the MDM app.  Some user may want to turn this off for "privacy" but I still need to be able to geolocate the device if it becomes lost.

There is no enterprise level "find my iPhone" for multiple managed devices and this is something I would like to be available.

#19 Kai Steverding

Kai Steverding
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:29 AM

Is there a version for Windows phone in the making ? This is the showstopper for our company

#20 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

Kai I've raised a feature request for this.  It has been previously discussed.  If there is any progress on this we will report back.