Photo

assign free extension based on site

site sites free extension

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Kalinoski

Tom Kalinoski
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

It would be nice if when creating a new user, you could assign a user the next free extension at a certain site.  For instance

• Building A ext 1000-1999
  • Building B ext 2000 - 2999
  • Building C ext 3000 - 3999

I want to be able to create a new user in building B and have it automatically pick an available extension in the 2000-2999 range without manually going through the used extensions to find an available one.

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

Tom did you ever figure this out? I would be interested in this too.

#3 Tom Kalinoski

Tom Kalinoski
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

No, I have not.  Do you know how to get Barracuda to consider this as a feature?

#4 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

To make sure I understand you correctly, what you would like to see is another drop down box after selecting "Next Free" which would allow you to choose which extension block to choose the next free extension in?  

If I understand correctly, let me know and I'll get a feature request filed for you.  

#5 Tom Kalinoski

Tom Kalinoski
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yes, that is correct.

#6 John

John
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

We have 4 Cudatel's and it doesn't seem possible at this point. Also, phone directories, and voicemail are restricted per site. Also... Polycom 335 phones do not update the directory when changed. I've read that Admins have restarted phone to correct the directory, but it does't work in my case.