Photo

LDAP User with multiple Email Addresses

ldap

Best Answer Brian Dawe, 07 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

Bradley,

So are all the old email addresses and new email addresses still in active directory for that user? If so we should be able to show you all the mail.

I am guessing you just created a new email policy for all your users to create the new email address. If so then you need to call support to see why you are not seeing all the mail probably.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bradley Fox

Bradley Fox
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

We are in the process of moving to Exchange and changing our domain name in the process.  All of my users are currently logging into the message archiver using LDAP authentication (active directory).  This has been working fine for a while now.

The issue I have is now everyone's email address in their AD record has changed to the new domain name so when they login to the message archiver they do not see any mail from their old address.

Is there a way to define multiple email addresses on their active directory record so they can see all their mail on the archiver?  I'd like to avoid setting up a local user for each person as I have almost 1000 mailboxes.

#2 Brian Dawe

Brian Dawe
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Bradley,

You can migrate all of their email aliases and memberships over to the new domain and the users will be able to see the older email on the archiver. There are tools to help with the AD migration part.

Brian Dawe

Sales Engineer – Data Protection Team

Barracuda Networks

#3 Bradley Fox

Bradley Fox
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

@Brian Dawe - I'm not sure I understand what you are saying; or maybe I wasn't clear in my question.

1. Users use LDAP credentials (user is not defined on the message archiver) to login to archiver.

2. Archiver is looking at user's email address in their active directory object to determine what mail they can see.

3. User now has 2 email addresses the archiver must recognize to allow them to see all of their mail.

I'm not having an issue with migrations or anything like that; I just want users to be able to see all their mail for both addresses.  Where can I put the secondary address in their AD object to allow the archiver to see them all?

#4 Brian Dawe

Brian Dawe
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

Bradley,

The archiver is only going to look at the active directory that the users logs in with. So you will need to have all of the old aliases moved over to that domain. These are located under the email address policy in active directory. If this is still unclear I would like you to call into support and a tech will be able to help with the setup.

Brian Dawe

Barracuda Networks

#5 Bradley Fox

Bradley Fox
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Brian - 

We are not migrating Active Directory domains, we are migrating email domains.  Users now need to see mail on the archiver that was addressed to:

User1@OldDomain.org

AND

User1@NewDomain.org

#6 Brian Dawe

Brian Dawe
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:49 AM   Best Answer

Bradley,

So are all the old email addresses and new email addresses still in active directory for that user? If so we should be able to show you all the mail.

I am guessing you just created a new email policy for all your users to create the new email address. If so then you need to call support to see why you are not seeing all the mail probably.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Brian Dawe

Barracuda Networks