Cumbersome Exception Policies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Dritsas

John Dritsas
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Is there anyway we can actually make separate policies for users and groups without making tons of exception rules? I find it so cumbersome that I have to make a exception for every group or user that I do not follow the base set of category blocking.

It would be ideal if we could make separate policies based on ldap user/group than making separate exceptions? I also have to find myself that I have to make double amount of exceptions because I have to make one for ldap set users/groups and one for NTLM as well.

This is something Websense makes it a lot easier to manage compared to the Barracuda Web Filter.

#2 Michael Greig

Michael Greig
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

I agree.  I have no use for the Unauthenticated category, as all my users are authenticated or they get no Internet access at all.  I would like if the authenticted/unauthenticated list could be repopulaed with groups or OUs for easy granular control over filtering.

#3 Greg Hader

Greg Hader
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

I think they're on to something here. Duplicate the current "Unauthenticated"/"Authenticated" pages, and allow a separate page to be applied to an LDAP or AD OU. Allow/Block/Warn at the Category level would replace 90% of my Custom Category lists, as there are very few URL specific rules.

#4 Chris Hogan

Chris Hogan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

I would like to see this as well.

#5 Michael Greig

Michael Greig
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

I think they're on to something here. Duplicate the current "Unauthenticated"/"Authenticated" pages, and allow a separate page to be applied to an LDAP or AD OU. Allow/Block/Warn at the Category level would replace 90% of my Custom Category lists, as there are very few URL specific rules.

I asked for that years ago...

#6 Richard Hein

Richard Hein
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Agree completely

#7 John Dritsas

John Dritsas
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

I wonder if there are any plans for this? Still waiting :)