Photo

NG 100 - need help loging in

login GUI interface

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas Bermudez

Douglas Bermudez
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Working at a new client site who has a  Barracuda NG Firewall 100.  We're not sure we have the right credentials... however, We have the IP address for the device, but when we attempt to go to it, it doesnt go anywhere.  I am guessing that there is a particular port we need to put at the end of the URL to get to the web interface?  I tried SSH on port 22... asks for login as well.. im guessing thats it as well?

also, is there a password recovery option for this model?

#2 Mario Pirker

Mario Pirker
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

Hi Douglas,

please refer to https://techlib.barr...uda NG Firewall in order to access the Barracuda NG Firewall F100 using the NG Admin Application. There is no Web Interface for NG's. 

There is no option of recovering the root password.

Best regards,

Mario Pirker

#3 Douglas Bermudez

Douglas Bermudez
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Mario,

very cool thanks for that information!  That was very helpful.  I as able to launch the admin, however, my client still has not figured out the password.  Is the username always "root" or can that be changed as well?  I just want to make sure i'm putting in the correct username.

thanks again!

#4 John K. Mes

John K. Mes
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Douglas:

The default username is always 'root' but other usernames may work, for example, if Active Directory Auth has been enabled.

If there's no hope of remembering the password or finding documentation of it, then your best bet is to look for a .par file backup, or failing that, take your best guess at the network setup & firewall rules, then do a factory reset/refresh:

https://techlib.barr...USB Flash Drive

HTH,

~John