VPN x300 IPSec

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Patrick

Matt Patrick
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

Hello all.  I have an issue where I am needing to setup an IPsec site to site VPN with another client.  Simple enough but the problem is overlapping subnets.  I use 172.16.1.0/24 and they are using 172.16.0.0/21.  Their end is natted to 172.25.8.0/21 and my side is supposed to be natted to 172.25.100.0/24.  I see in NAT objects where I can do this, but I have no clue how to apply those or how to properly apply those in the barracuda firewall rules.  Any help would be much appreciated.  If you need more info please let me know.  Thanks.

#2 Mario Pirker

Mario Pirker
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

Hi Matt,

as this is a non trivial task I would like to ask you if you can contact our excellent support team. The contact details can be found at: https://www.barracuda.com/support

I am 100% sure that they can assist you on that very fast and in a good way.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mario

#3 Matt Patrick

Matt Patrick
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

Mario,

Thanks for the reply.  I actually already contacted support about an hour before I made this post.  The support tech said it couldn't be done.  I find that really hard to believe since there is literally a section under Firewall--> Nat Objects that describes exactly what I am trying to do.  I just can't find any good documentation on how to implement this on a Barracuda correctly.  Thanks.

Matt