Barracuda and watchguard firebox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghnatiw

ghnatiw
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:26 AM

I've got a barracuda spyware firewall and a Watchguard firebox and i noticed today that all request are coming from the barracuda and not the sorce ip address. This really screws me up for loggin b/c when i run reports on people i will not see anything for internet traffic other than the Cuda spyware IP.. Does anyone have idea around this problem????

#2 asheridan

asheridan
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:59 AM

By wednesday the transparent mode should be available. This means new systems are going to ship with this functionality - For your existing systems please contact support, we are gathering a list of the users that will need to have the patch applied. It is a pretty big patch and will require that we get port 22 access to the system.

#3 David Judd

David Judd
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:25 PM

It is now Wednesday. I have emailed and phoned support, have acase number, but no response at all yet from Barracuda Support.What is the status of the Transparent Firmware ? We have had the box over a month, still unusable. It was claimed to be transparent pre-sale in June.the Transparent firmware was then promised after several complaints.First it was 'in about 3 weeks' (July 2).Then, 'next week'.Then, 'by Wednesday'. when ?Could you post the status somewhere more visible or accessible ?thanks. :(