Photo

More GroupWise Integration

GroupWise Retention Folder Sync Novel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Stuck With GroupWise (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you stuck with GroupWise?

1. Yes (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No (3 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Would you like to see more integration with GroupWise?

1. Yes (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No (3 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Andy Collier

Andy Collier
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

I know that I am not currently one of the many.  I have the unfortunate privilege of administering a very old system that has been running Novel GroupWise for a very long time.  We have plans to migrate to Exchange eventually, but for now, I am stuck.  Come on lady luck, just one more year maybe!!!

For those of us that have this problem, we need more GroupWise integration with the Mail Archiver.  Currently, it can really only be used as a backup.  We need the ability to actually use it for Retention purposes as well as have the folder structure that our users have set up be synced.  I'm not actually sure why this can't work since it grabs all the email via IMAP at this point anyway.  IMAP pulls folders just fine...

I actually had intended to use this system as a way to help ease our migration to Exchange by simply cutting off service to GroupWise and turning on Exchange one day.  The Mail Archive would have been where they went to get all of their old email.  Easy huh?  Well, not in the short term as these features are not available.

I would really like the ability to do the following (all 3 are equally important and will hopefully be implemented at the same time):

1. Turn on Email Retention for GroupWise so that no emails can be deleted by the user until the system has backed them up.

2. Sync users folders to the Archive so that they may browse their email in the same way they do on their system.

3. Use SSL for SOAP connections to the GroupWise POA.

Please let me know if anyone has questions.  I'd be happy to help.

Thank you!

Andy

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 564 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

1. Turn on Email Retention for GroupWise so that no emails can be deleted by the user until the system has backed them up.

If you set up the Trusted App Key on the GroupWise page, we already do this!

2. Sync users folders to the Archive so that they may browse their email in the same way they do on their system.

We already have a feature request open for this - BNMA-11058. You can reference this number when talking to Support or Sales about this issue.

3. Use SSL for SOAP connections to the GroupWise POA.

I opened Feature Request BNMA-11071 for this issue. You can reference this number when talking to Support or Sales about this issue.

We just delivered firmware 4.0, so we do not have a time estimate for these features, as we are still in the planning phase of the upcoming releases.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager

#3 Andy Collier

Andy Collier
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hey Maxwell,

Thanks for the reply, but we seem to still be having issues with the Email Retention.

For Email Retention, we are running GroupWise 2014.  I'm not sure if it's different than the others, but I have called and spoken with Barracuda support on this.  We confirmed that the Barracuda modifies the "digest retention time" and that all my users did not have a "modified retention time" in the system.  Groupwise looks at the "modified retention time"  to see if the user is able to delete their trash.  So even though the system sets a field, its not the one that needs to be set to keep people from deleting a message before the archiver can back it up.  At least that is what I understood from the notes and the support rep.  I'll go over it all and give it another whirl though.

Thank you for adding a request for the SOAP connection.  And I'm glad there is something in there for the folders too.  Is there somewhere we can go to see the open feature requests?  Or even give more feedback that we want them?

Thank you!

Andy

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 564 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hey Andy,

Yes, please review what the support tech sent you. I'm confident that we are respecting the "Do not delete until this has been archived/backed up" flag, as we had a ton of cases when we originally released Groupwise support back in 07 or 08. If you still are having issues, definitely call in to support, there are some issues from time to time with that subsystem.

Is there somewhere we can go to see the open feature requests? Or even give more feedback that we want them?

No, this is from our internal bug tracker. You'll just have to call in and ask. You can also ask about them here.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager