Network Interface Settings LAN WAN Port Speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jason LaMarche

Jason LaMarche
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

My CudaTel randomly went offline the other day for a few minutes - this is the second time it has done this in two weeks. With that said, diagnostic testing returned a failure on my LAN interface. The solution given states, "Check that your LAN port Speed: 100Mb/s, Duplex: Half. Contact Cudatel Support if the issue is not resolved."

My CudaTel is configured through a SIP gateway owned via our ISP provider. After placing a support call to them, I was told that their device (Enterprise Session Border Controller ESBC 9378-4B), is configured based on their recommended settings. Their device has both LAN and WAN ports set to 1000Mb/s & Full Duplex.

So...I need to know what the recommended port settings are for both the LAN and WAN ports on my CudaTel, to see if the ISP can reconfigure their device. If I cannot do that, is there any way for me to easily change the port settings on the LAN and WAN ports on my CudaTel?

#2 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

Jason,

This forum is not regularly monitored by technical support.  Your best bets for immediate support are to call us at (408) 342-5300 or email support@barracuda.com.  If you can open the support tunnel on your device, support will be able to verify what rate the port is negotiated at and help troubleshoot your issue.  We do not have any customer-facing settings to modify the ethernet port settings, but if we need to force a specific negotiation speed and duplex setting we can do so from the back end and modify the boot-up script to make sure it runs this way every time.  

Please open a case with support with either of the above methods and we'll be happy to help you out.  You're welcome to ask for me by name if you like.  

Nathan Phoenix
Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer

317 Maynard Street | Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Help desk: +1 (408) 342-5300 | EMAIL mailto:nphoenix@barracuda.com
Connect with us: barracuda.com/connect