Photo

Activating corrected Management IP Address?

ng firewall network mip interface management product activation ip address f300 configuration

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Klein

Jonathan Klein
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

When I started up a Barracuda F300 NG Firewall, I entered the the new box management IP address 172.27.0.3, password and default gateway on the Product Activation Window.

When I got onto the NG Firewall, I realized that I made a mistake and entered in the wrong management IP address in the Product Activation Window. I went back onto the the IP Configuration section of the Network Tab on the Box and changed the management IP to 172.27.0.4. After sending and activating the change,  I proceded to Control>Box and activated the new network configuration.

When the F300 box came back up, the management IP address stayed at 172.27.0.3. Is there a step that I missed that caused the management IP address to stay at 172.27.0.3?

Thanks,

Jonathan Klein

#2 John K. Mes

John K. Mes
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

I'm guessing you didn't 'force' the change.

The best way I can describe is that if you change the management IP and choose "Failsafe" activation from Control-> Box-> Activate (always a good idea, by the way), you will get a timeout when the client tries to talk to the new firewall config ('cause it's still looking at the old MIP) and the firewall knows this, and when it can't establish connection it reverts to the old config.

If you know for a fact you are going to set the right MIP, then 'Force" it - with NO other changes! - and close the NGAdmin program after it times out.  Then restart NGAdmin with your new MIP as its target.

Also, with an F300, you should be able to see & change the MIP on the firewall info console, right?

HTH,

~John

#3 Jonathan Klein

Jonathan Klein
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

John,

Success! Thank you for the advice!

Jonathan Klein