• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jody Gosnell

Jody Gosnell
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

I am trying to download single files from a Linux backup.  Each time I try, I get the follwoing error:

"The data is not offsite for this file. Download failed due to unknown fatal error."

Can anyone shed some light on this?

#2 Shawn Lubahn

Shawn Lubahn
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

Hi Jody, usually this means that the data has not been replicated to the cloud just yet.  Try this:  Go into the local interface, use the IP address of the Barracuda Backup appliance that you want to download from, then try downloading the file. Use the same credentials you use to log into Barracuda Cloud Control.

#3 Jody Gosnell

Jody Gosnell
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

That worked but....I do not replicate anything to cloud from this appliance.  All backups stay local so it should not be having this issue I would assume.  

Why would it still display the error?

#4 Shawn Lubahn

Shawn Lubahn
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

Hi Jody, just from looking up your account I see two Barracuda Backup appliances.  Is that correct? One of them appears to be sending data to the cloud as well as to the other Barracuda Backup appliance.

#5 Jody Gosnell

Jody Gosnell
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

I do have two appliances.  One replicates everything to the cloud and nothing to the other appliance.  The other appliance (which is the one I am trying to get the file from) does not replicate to any partner.  Replication links are still in place, but no sources are set to go between appliances.

#6 Shawn Lubahn

Shawn Lubahn
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Hi Jody, can you please PM me your contact information?  I'll have a support case created for you and someone will reach out to you shortly.

#7 Jody Gosnell

Jody Gosnell
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

PM sent.