Photo

Deleting Old Backup Jobs

Delete Backup Jobs Status Logs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

I might be going about this the wrong way but I think what I really want to do is simply clean up my job and status pages.

If I delete old, one time, or outdated the jobs under the Jobs and Media page that deletes the media correct which in turn removes the job info from the DB? And I if I re-import the media from tape then it puts the job back on the job page?  Or does it just re-add the job info to the database making it searchable? I have been using folders under the admin job page to move those types things too on the off chance that something got lost or miss placed in the re-organizing of resources. 

How does deleting items in the "status and logs" page effect things overall?  I would really like to clean that page up but I always worry about how it will impact my existing jobs.

#2 Matt Orme

Matt Orme
  • Moderators
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Deleting a job will remove the associated media from the Yosemite database.  In the event that you needed to restore from media belonging to a job that had been deleted, you would need to first import that media.  Importing the media will not recreate the job, but will add backup data from that media back to the database so it can be included in the selection list for restore.

Just to provide a bit more info, we are currently in the process of updating documentation.  We've also started a video tutorial series.  The tutorial videos are available here:

http://www.barracudaware.com/support/videos/iac

There are currently 4 subsections:

Backup and Restore

Disaster Recovery

Updates

Agents

#3 Joe

Joe
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

What about deleting items from the "status and logs" page. Is there any side effect to the actual Job if I delete a bunch of the associated job status info?

#4 Matt Orme

Matt Orme
  • Moderators
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

You can delete old job logs there without impacting jobs.  Deleting jobs there is the same as deleting them from the Jobs and Media page.