• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sean-Ryan Sullivan

Sean-Ryan Sullivan
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDillsburg, PA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:29 AM

So I am starting to utilize the multiple profile features of the MDM.  I wanted to test some global HTTP proxy settings on one of my managed devices (my own) and it seems that the Global HTTP Proxy does not work at all.  I can see the profile being installed on my device and the setting appears to be there (according to the profile information on the device itself).  I can set a proxy for an individual Wifi network manually and it works as it should but I want the devices to use the proxy globally as the setting implies.  So far, the web filter we are using for the proxy is not filtering the device on any network it is on which indicates that the devices are not using the global http proxy setup in the profile. 

#2 Joseph Totaro

Joseph Totaro
  • Moderators
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

Is your device supervised?  Supervised mode is a requirement for Global Proxy. 

#3 Sean-Ryan Sullivan

Sean-Ryan Sullivan
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDillsburg, PA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

Yes, it is in supervised mode.  If I install a profile using Apple Configurator, the global proxy works as expected.  installing the profile created on Barracuda MDM, it does not work.  Traffic is still being allowed to the device but nothing is being filtered.

EDIT:  I think I got it working.  I had to remove all the other MDM profiles that I created and added my device to it's own group.  I had to remove the defualt profile from "All devices" and add all the other devices to a "General" group that I created so that my device would not ge tthe original profile.  Once I did this, the profile showed up under my General settings and now works as expected. 

I must say the groups editor needs a little tweaking.  If I add a device to a group it should remove the profiles associated with the old grouping. 

#4 Joseph Totaro

Joseph Totaro
  • Moderators
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

Generally the product supports multiple groups and multiple profiles for a single device. There are certain cases, such as proxies, where two conflicting settings can cause undetermined behavior.